Prototype DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
You can even try a push pull with the A9 in the bottom!

Apparantly the A9 creates turbulence noises when in a pull position. But I want to keep the original 92 mm fan there as well, as this review suggests there are cooling benefits.:)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Apparantly the A9 creates turbulence noises when in a pull position. But I want to keep the original 92 mm fan there as well, as this review suggests there are cooling benefits.:)
Good to know! But we should try also a comparison between the existing fan and the noctua slim, I guess!

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
They replied to you on the youtbe comments!
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=DE&sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/kuehler/alpenfoehn_black_ridge/s05.php

BTW, the test system is:

• AMD R5 2400G
  • ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme X370
  • 8G DDR4
  • Seasonic Fanless 460W
  • Windows 10 64 bit
Now if the GPU and CPU TDP are dissipated together, the results are good! But I was hoping to see a more extreme setup with a 95W TDP Cpu and a GPU inside a case. Anyway is preordered! Let's see!
Thanks so much !!!!!

Kandirma

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2017
Somebody already has it and is running some tests with a L9i fan. Build quality seems to be a little off..

https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-hslp-48-a-powerful-sub-50mm-heatsink.1925480/page-38

The cpu cooler was a full CM off the spec? That's 25% taller than it was supposed to be...that's more than a little off build quality.

That said a 10 degree case temp difference
and comparable temps to the NHL9 at 2400 RPM while only at 1300 RPM
is massive...

When full out it doesn't seem wildly improved, but even with a 92mm fan it is a HUGE difference at anything less than max RPM it seems, so good from a silence perspective probably?

Reactions: owliwar

TudorAdrian

Cable Smoosher
Oct 26, 2018
Seems to be a fine product but in between the VLP RAM requirements and the delta between my current setup, it looks like I'm going to stick to my C7-Cu with the L9a (2500rpm) fan.

Kandirma

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2017
Even with the 92mm fan - which doesn't require VLP Ram - it is giving a 5-9° improvement for the CPU @ the same temp, and improving GPU/VRM temps by 8 degrees is pretty drastic. If you already have the CU probably not worth it - but It's enough of a difference to make it worth considering for sure if you're purchasing new.

The images don't actually specify how much the 120mm fan helped out the GPU/VRM if anymore than the 92mm fan.

The QC though...that's concerning.

Reactions: Hissitx

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The cpu cooler was a full CM off the spec? That's 25% taller than it was supposed to be...that's more than a little off build quality.

That said a 10 degree case temp difference
and comparable temps to the NHL9 at 2400 RPM while only at 1300 RPM
is massive...

When full out it doesn't seem wildly improved, but even with a 92mm fan it is a HUGE difference at anything less than max RPM it seems, so good from a silence perspective probably?
What are the specs of his system?