Prototype DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

dealda

Trash Compacter
Oct 20, 2018
Can anyone translate into English? I saw the thermal chart in the video but don’t know wjat was used for testing or was stock fan/upgraded fan

The Testsystem was on a benchtable.
  • AMD R5 2400G
  • ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme X370
  • 8G DDR4
  • Seasonic Fanless 460W
They used the stockfan and also tested it with an additional Wingboost 140mm on top.

Here is a link to the article.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

wow that height makes it look like it's just a gigantic VRM cooler O_O

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So it was only cooling a little better than a NH-L9a?
It’s not clear in my opinion. We should check with a more power hungry CPU.
For example now I am using an L9 with a 8700k Delidded. Temps in Idle are 32/33 with a room temperature of 23 and a Fanless PSU in the DAN case. Under normal load using Rhino 3D, Photoshop, Illustrator doesn’t go above 60/65. With handbrake, all cores turbo boosted at 4.3, reach 100 degrees and throttles. If he can do 5/7 degrees better to avoid the throttling, it will be great!

Reactions: dealda

Kandirma

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2017
I find it interesting that they choose to push air from the MOBO up through the rad instead of the other way around, even when they had a fan on top.

It should be noted here, in the test, all the fans on the radiator have carried the air upwards.

I wonder if changing the orientation would have any effect as well...probably not on an open bench, but I'd imagine in an actual case it would for sure.

I'd also be curious to see how it performs when replacing the existing fan with the Noctua one from the NHL-9, or even just a standard NF-A9x14 since those would still fit in the 'compatability mode'. Do we know who makes the in-box fan, or it's full specs beyond min/max rpm? The company making the cooler only has 120 and 140mm fans listed on their site.

Last edited:

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
I find it interesting that they choose to push air from the MOBO up through the rad instead of the other way around, even when they had a fan on top.

I wonder if changing the orientation would have any effect as well...probably not on an open bench, but I'd imagine in an actual case it would for sure.

I'd also be curious to see how it performs when replacing the existing fan with the Noctua one from the NHL-9, or even just a standard NF-A9x14 since those would still fit in the 'compatability mode'. Do we know who makes the in-box fan, or it's full specs beyond min/max rpm? The company making the cooler only has 120 and 140mm fans listed on their site.

What is compatability mode?

Kandirma

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2017
What is compatability mode?

They gave each fan configuration a name.

I'm curious how push/pull effects 'compatibility' and 'performance' mode. once you get into 'overclocking' height territory I suspect there are better options.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Will this cooler fit in the Asus Strix Z390-I Motherboard?

And is there a release date?
Just go 1/2 pages back! :)

For the Compatibility, seems yes, but we should wait for the release or at least other reviews, I guess!

RicardoSFF

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Just go 1/2 pages back! :)

For the Compatibility, seems yes, but we should wait for the release or at least other reviews, I guess!

probably not.

november 14th.

Thanks, I should have paid more attention... 14 days seems good to me!
And I guess we have to wait unless the creator @dondan knows the answer, that was what I was aiming for. I would help me a lot to know this!

Based on what? To me, it seems to fit just fine.

This motherboard has a huge I/O cover and since the Cryorig C7 CU is already a tight fit, the Black Ridge might not fit since it has around 8mm more than the Cryorig C7 CU on the I/O cover side. I'm assuming @NinoPecorino said "probably not" because of this but it's all a speculation, only someone with both the cooler and the motherboard can see if it fits. I hope @dondan can give us an answer.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I am scared as well using an Asus X470 Strix because of the sound card and NVME heatsink.
It will be great to have more info about the clearance and supported ITX board!

Reactions: NinoPecorino

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, the X470/b450 are different! Maybe the fan will go against the M.2 heatsink?