DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

enome

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2018
@dondan

Will the case come with the 2.1/2.5 riser (riser with both options) as default? Otherwise that hole near the graphics card IO will be meaningless for users that doesn't get the one or the other.

Will the bottom panel will always be left open as a cost-saving measure?

What is the maximum dimension in terms of radiator length? Because despite the fact that single 120mm AIOs are for 120mm fans, the radiator itself in terms of its length is not 120mm (to be precise, something like Corsair H55 is 152mm x 120mm). Put two 120 AIOs together, and the total length of those two radiators will be close to 304-306mm. I'm trying to figure out if the new Corsair H60 (2018 ver.) with radiator length of 157mm will fit. Using H60 (2018 ver.) for CPU and H55 for GPU, total radiator length will be close to 310mm.

or0616

What's an ITX?
May 14, 2018
Hi Dondan,

Will tempered glass panel use colorless glass for selling version or the black one is another options?

Will C4-SFX release other version that internal design close to A4-SFX which means the location of graphics card behind motherboard?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Glass panel will be tinted black. We are currebtly work on samples.

No there will be only one C4-SFX version with the current layout.

Reactions: Talyrius

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@dondan
1) Is the type-C port gone for good? Not sure if stupid... but is it possible to add a couple type-C ports on the other side of the case? :)
2) Can we at least try to hide the screws on the side panels? Maybe you should try with magnets, or moving the screws on the back side and adding clips, or implementing slim hinges of some sort, or finally... cover the screws with stickers lol XD.
3) Can you confirm that final version will have a black usb 3.0 port instead of blue? That would be a nice touch!

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
Hy i have few question,

1. Release date when we see it or when we can order this case
2.Where to order link or something please
3.Im from Croatia, does it shiping to Croatia,maybe

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Today I played with the i7 8700 and I must say what a bad piece of hardware.

>> @Intel please start soldering your dies with the heatspreader <<.

At first please keep in mind, that I allways test the CPU temp in Prime95 v26.6 because this tool generates crazy loads and temps on the CPU. In games the temps will be 20-25°C lower.

I tested the i7 8700 with turbo activated (max clock on all cores = 6x 4300Mhz). Room temp = 26°C

Noctua L9i = impossible to cool with turbo activated (with turbo off = 70°C)
Zalman CNPS8900 = very close to max temp = 96°
Asetek 240mm AIO fans @2000rpm = 69°C
Asetek 240mm AIO fans @1200rpm = 76°C
Asetek 240mm AIO fans @700rpm = 83°C

Very funny is that after starting prime the temp hits immediately 69°C on every heatsink so I think this is my lowest cap I can get with this CPU. Lower is only possible with delidding the CPU.

So my conclusion for the i7 8700 that if you like to use this CPU with turbo on you can't cool it with default ITX heatsinks. You have to use a 120mm or 240mm AIO for it.

This is only a short intermediate result.

Currently I can continue deeper testing because my GPU fan dies yesterday so I have to RMA the card.

Btw: Here are some shots of the case without installed GPU:

With best regards
Daniel

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Today I played with the i7 8700 and I must say what a bad piece of hardware.

>> @Intel please start soldering your dies with the heatspreader <<.

At first please keep in mind, that I allways test the CPU temp in Prime95 v26.6 because this tool generates crazy loads and temps on the CPU. In games the temps will be 20-25°C lower.

I tested the i7 8700 with turbo activated (max clock on all cores = 6x 4300Mhz). Room temp = 26°C

Noctua L9i = impossible to cool with turbo activated (with turbo off = 70°C)
Zalman CNPS8900 = very close to max temp = 96°
Asetek 240mm AIO fans @2000rpm = 69°C
Asetek 240mm AIO fans @1200rpm = 76°C
Asetek 240mm AIO fans @700rpm = 83°C

Very funny is that after starting prime the temp hits immediately 69°C on every heatsink so I think this is my lowest cap I can get with this CPU. Lower is only possible with delidding the CPU.

So my conclusion for the i7 8700 that if you like to use this CPU with turbo on you can't cool it with default ITX heatsinks. You have to use a 120mm or 240mm AIO for it.

This is only a short intermediate result.

Currently I can continue deeper testing because my GPU fan dies yesterday so I have to RMA the card.

Btw: Here are some shots of the case without installed GPU:

With best regards
Daniel
I only see one pci slot?
Can you post riser's pics?
Can we put a 92/80mm fan there:

Reactions: DKsystem

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@dondan
1) Is the type-C port gone for good? Not sure if stupid... but is it possible to add a couple type-C ports on the other side of the case? :)
2) Can we at least try to hide the screws on the side panels? Maybe you should try with magnets, or moving the screws on the back side and adding clips, or implementing slim hinges of some sort, or finally... cover the screws with stickers lol XD.
3) Can you confirm that final version will have a black usb 3.0 port instead of blue? That would be a nice touch!
@dondan Please answer my questions when you have a chance ;)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@galletabah yes it coult fit but I can't add mountpoints there.
There will be two risers. One for 2 Slot and one for 2.5 Slot.

@Barracuda727 I think Kickstarter will be early Q4 and shipoing Q1 2019.

@Metroversal

1. Yes it would be possible to add one on the other side, but for this i need an extra USB housing that will add costs.
2. I am working on this.
3. I can't confirm this, I have to check that with LianLi.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@dondan thank you for taking time to answer my questions! I really appreciate it.
I'm a bit disappointed that shipping will be in early 2019 but at the same time I'm glad that you're taking time perfecting the case. :thumb:

Hope you find a way to add the Type-C port. I mean, I expect most cases to have a type-C port by next year.
If we're lucky general adoption might lowering manufacturing prices a bit (finger crossed).

Reactions: Talyrius

Kelly

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2018
@galletabah yes it coult fit but I can't add mountpoints there.
There will be two risers. One for 2 Slot and one for 2.5 Slot.

@Barracuda727 I think Kickstarter will be early Q4 and shipoing Q1 2019.

@Metroversal

1. Yes it would be possible to add one on the other side, but for this i need an extra USB housing that will add costs.
2. I am working on this.
3. I can't confirm this, I have to check that with LianLi.
Do you have a confirmed price range yet?

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
For that case all under 200 $ is great so u have credits to put extra type-C for under 200 $ i think that would be great, go on and puts more pictures of config please.... ;)))

Status
Not open for further replies.