DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Yeah dimension of that case and shape might be similar, but those huge air gaps make it look like a home 3D printed case instead of a polished finished product like the Dan case looks in render.

I wonder why Dan hasn't updated us with any info on the C4. I hope it's not another layout change. Will this case even be released this year?

Reactions: ToutNoir and Woxys

prefinem

Trash Compacter
Apr 12, 2018
It does lack some in the fit and finish department, but works well for size and temps have been pretty decent with a 8700K OC'd.

I do hope to replace it someday in the future, and the C4 might be the one to replace it.

prefinem

Trash Compacter
Apr 12, 2018
140 USD plus shipping. I paid extra for shipping which was 75 from china. Normal shipping is 40-50 if memory serves me right.

Puchased through SuperBuy

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Progress on this project has died off so hard that the only new posts in 2 weeks are for alternatives to the C4 and the places to buy them from... I guess this is to be expected when progress does go on, and it only leads to about 15 pages of people bitching... feelsbadman.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
True, the thread has slowed down, but I'm still interested to see what Dan comes up with. I get the sense that he reads all the feedback we provide him even when his responses are prudent and limited. Sophomore projects are often the most difficult, right?

Reactions: rindo

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I'm still holding off on a case, because I have to. I'll buy my case and an entire new PC when new AMD chips come out, so no rush. Still, though, would love to see some progress here to weigh my options.

Reactions: rindo and ToutNoir

omega24

Caliper Novice
Dec 11, 2017
Yeah any sort of update would be nice, even just to say he's still working on it. The flex design was posted 2 months ago and he said he hoped to have the CAD done a week after that. I'm not expecting a 2019 release on this thing.

Reactions: ToutNoir

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
After I am done with the work on A4-SFXv4 release (this week) I will work again on C4-SFX. In my mind the case is ready but I have to draw it in CAD :)
Are we going with the 140mm version or the wider one? Or is there gonna be a poll?

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
After I am done with the work on A4-SFXv4 release (this week) I will work again on C4-SFX. In my mind the case is ready but I have to draw it in CAD :)

I am little suprised, why is the Dan SFX V4 on a higher priority than the C4? I mean you can obv do your stuff on the order you deem right but seems like an odd decision at least since the DAN A4 already had his third revision.

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017
I am little suprised, why is the Dan SFX V4 on a higher priority than the C4? I mean you can obv do your stuff on the order you deem right but seems like an odd decision at least since the DAN A4 already had his third revision.

Well, A4 v4 is a product that can yield immediate profit. The surprising thing would be to give a non-defined prototype priority over a serial product.

SKKN

Case Bender
New User
Apr 14, 2019
Really looking forward to this case.

Just a question - if we have the AIO cooler top-mounted, will it be possible to fit slim 120mm fans in the bottom of the case?

Windofchange13

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2019
Just discovered the C4 today while looking for alternatives to the Ncase M1. I was through the roof with excitement. Everything about it seemed to be the perfect case for my situation, a super small form factor which could house my hybrid 1080 ti.

Spent a few hours researching it, and was hyped about the prototypes and how it seemed like the retail model was around the corner.

Then I was confused by how much time it was taking to decide on where the IO would be located, and whether or not USB-C would be used.

Then I was devastated when Dan started sketching up alternatives to the original C4 that I was so excited about. It seemed like the original C4 was getting a lot of support and hype the way it was, and it was 95% complete.

I appreciate the ambition to create the upcoming flexible design, but to be honest, I wish that the C4 from a year or so ago was on the market, and that this flexible design was its own separate thing.

Someone made a joke about buying one of those original prototypes, and if that option were on the table, I would do it right away. I care very little [about] the location of the front IO and the rigidity of the case without the side panels. So long as the IO is functional, and the case is sturdy when built.

Anyway, just thought I would pitch in my two cents. I will keep fingers crossed about the new version Dan is cooking up and hope for the best. This is, after all, the man behind the amazing A4 and the C4 prototype.

Good luck, Dan. May the force be with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.