DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankless

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2018
Just hoping to make it clear, as someone who has voiced strong opinions in this thread, I am hopeful for the future of the project.

Snakeyjakey

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
I've made an account on this thread just to follow the progress of this case. I'm really hoping (as we all are) that this case comes into production soon. I was going to purchase the Dan A4 but after seeing the C4 SFX in all of it's glory I'm going to wait for that instead. So exciting!!

Good luck Dan!

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I've made an account on this thread just to follow the progress of this case. I'm really hoping (as we all are) that this case comes into production soon. I was going to purchase the Dan A4 but after seeing the C4 SFX in all of it's glory I'm going to wait for that instead. So exciting!!

Good luck Dan!

Then hold on tight, because it looks like it won't be released this year haha. I'll probably build in a test bench until either this or the Sidearm T1 is released

Reactions: ToutNoir

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
i guess if it rolls out by the end of this year, we should be considering it luck.

Last edited:

Snakeyjakey

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
Then hold on tight, because it looks like it won't be released this year haha. I'll probably build in a test bench until either this or the Sidearm T1 is released
I've never seen the Sidearm T1 before, it looks very nice too. It appears he's is aiming for production in June. I suppose I'll just have to remain patient and see how everything pans out with these cases. I can continue to collect parts for my build in the meantime.

bigfoxtail

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2019
I'm searching some software or a program ,
Can you tell me what do you use make 3d model?
Thank you very much!

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
I'm searching some software or a program ,
Can you tell me what do you use make 3d model?
Thank you very much!
IIRC Dan uses a commercial software, don't think it's solid works (Edit: it is), but a key will likely cost over $1,000 US.

Here's a list of different CAD software, with the ones in blue being free to use. If you use it a lot, only then would I consider a commercial solution.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_modeling_software

Last edited:

rindo

Efficiency Noob
Mar 22, 2019
I use Solid Works and it costs ~10.000€. Furthermore if you like to have updates you have to pay 1500€ every year.

For the C4-SFX I working on it ;)
damn, I never thought it would be that high. make more cases :) I'll be happy to buy some (not all, my wife would kill me at this rate... :D )

micken

Case Bender
Nov 7, 2017
Im just so excited for this case, since im on AIO for both gpu and cpu. And just the looks of this case is so nice! So Dan, please make this happen. One kickstart-backer here, and I know im not alone. :p

Snakeyjakey

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
I use Solid Works and it costs ~10.000€. Furthermore if you like to have updates you have to pay 1500€ every year.

For the C4-SFX I working on it ;)
Great to hear :) I was also wondering (I'm sure many others are too) if there was a mailing list we could sign up for to notify us when the project enters it's funding/ kickstarter stage?

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Sold my Evolv X system, this case is literally exactly what I have been looking for. Really, this thing looks so damn good. On pins and needles here.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Sold my Evolv X system, this case is literally exactly what I have been looking for. Really, this thing looks so damn good. On pins and needles here.

Hold on hold on, by "this case is literally exactly what I have been looking for" do you mean page 1 page 94 or which version? This thread has many versions and none of them represent what the product will be, so there actually isn't a "this" yet haha. Dan has yet to show us exactly what it'll be.

And yeah, I too came to this thread from a Shift X. Fortunately, I did not buy the Shift, I saw the bad thermals on it and decided to find another aesthetically pleasing case and that brought me here.

Last edited:

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Hold on hold on, by "this case is literally exactly what I have been looking for" do you mean page 1 page 94 or which version? This thread has many versions and none of them represent what the product will be, so there actually isn't a "this" yet haha. Dan has yet to show us exactly what it'll be.

And yeah, I too came to this thread from a Shift X. Fortunately, I did not buy the Shift, I saw the bad thermals on it and decided to find another aesthetically pleasing case and that brought me here.
Well I guess the prototypes back from when, Dan was on the Linus tech tips forums, those looked absolutely stunning. Everything I wanted, extremely sff, good looking, TG, Good CPU cooling. I dont know if you guys noticed but this thread has a couple hundred more replies then the A4 forum, I feel like there is so much potential here. I really hope Dan hasn't dropped this.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Well I guess the prototypes back from when, Dan was on the Linus tech tips forums, those looked absolutely stunning. Everything I wanted, extremely sff, good looking, TG, Good CPU cooling. I dont know if you guys noticed but this thread has a couple hundred more replies then the A4 forum, I feel like there is so much potential here. I really hope Dan hasn't dropped this.
Better wait for whats actually going to get released one day - I felt the same about the first Prototype, but It does not seem like it's going to be anything like that.

zjxlsff

Efficiency Noob
Aug 31, 2018
i have zsa4, basically danA4 clone, and it is real pleasure to use.

now that i have seen the corsair one case, I wonder if any of that idea can be applied here: using negative/positive pressure to mount the fan elsewhere.

basically, my idea is having a single 120/140 at the front so that you can run your rad naked. Will that makes the space more efficient?.
or just having 2 rad alone 2 sides of the case, just like how the One layout would be.

of course, none of this would work if the case itself isn't optimized for that, which is a tight seal.

• Love
Reactions: wykydtronik

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
i have zsa4, basically danA4 clone, and it is real pleasure to use.

now that i have seen the corsair one case, I wonder if any of that idea can be applied here: using negative/positive pressure to mount the fan elsewhere.

basically, my idea is having a single 120/140 at the front so that you can run your rad naked. Will that makes the space more efficient?.
or just having 2 rad alone 2 sides of the case, just like how the One layout would be.

of course, none of this would work if the case itself isn't optimized for that, which is a tight seal.
Dan did think of that concept at one point in time in this thread, but there is too much room for user error that I think he scrapped the idea for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.