Diesel

Cable Smoosher
Nov 1, 2022
Dan literally be like

Walter White Walk GIF by Breaking Bad

spacemonQee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 25, 2023
If the new v2 is flat pack, does that mean it's made from machined aluminium? That sounds like it's only going to make it more expensive.
someone on a caseking review said he'd rather see the case made with CNC instead of standard stamping process. what's the difference? I'd gladly pay more if the former is better.

Flash

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2023
Nobody is putting themselves in Dan's shoes. You are kind of asking him: "will you work for two more months so I can get a case?" without even thinking if it is profitable, doable, if he wants to or not, if he has the time...and so on. He did answer some of our questions and gave us some hints of what his plans are. Complaining is your right, but will it accomplish something? Probably not. Instead you/we can be pro-active and somehow show that there is still high demand for the v1 (if that is even the case) and Dan can have a second thought about it (but even then it may not conclude in a 2nd batch - I feel this is more of a passion than being profitable or not).

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Nobody is putting themselves in Dan's shoes. You are kind of asking him: "will you work for two more months so I can get a case?" without even thinking if it is profitable, doable, if he wants to or not, if he has the time...and so on. He did answer some of our questions and gave us some hints of what his plans are. Complaining is your right, but will it accomplish something? Probably not. Instead you/we can be pro-active and somehow show that there is still high demand for the v1 (if that is even the case) and Dan can have a second thought about it (but even then it may not conclude in a 2nd batch - I feel this is more of a passion than being profitable or not).
I think it's pretty clear that he simply doesn't want to make any more v1 and as far as I can see, hasn't really apologised to his customers for the poor comms (or even believe he's done anything wrong).

You're right though, people can draw their own conclusions from that level of customer engagement and decide where they stand with Dan cases accordingly.

Reactions: Dampfbox

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
I think it's pretty clear that he simply doesn't want to make any more v1 and as far as I can see, hasn't really apologised to his customers for the poor comms (or even believe he's done anything wrong).

You're right though, people can draw their own conclusions from that level of customer engagement and decide where they stand with Dan cases accordingly.
I can't speak to the process of it, but I'm not sure why it would be so hard to just order another shipping case worth of v1 and distribute to dealers. It seems like the demand is there, between what I see here and on reddit, but I don't know how many cases it takes to break even on another shipping containers worth. I know it takes a bit of time to work with dealers and Lian Li, but it's not like any more design work needs to be done. Pre-orders would definitely take more work.
If the V2 looked similar to the V1, I'd say those who are disappointed would be ok waiting. But it's not at all the same based on renders, and I wouldn't be interested in a V2 as it stands now. And a lot of V1-wanters may well buy something else if they can't get a Dancase in the next X months. I can't imagine the V2 will be turned around that quickly.

elrd5150

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2022
(or even believe he's done anything wrong).
He didn't do anything wrong. The product was delivered with quality and functionality as promised. If he decided to move to V2 right away it's totally up to him. You guys act like you're his company's shareholders and he is obligated to consult you first. Which is not the case.

I get why people are upset, you're planning a build with certain case and parts in mind. I'm exactly in the same shoes right now trying to build a PC, the first time in 8 years in fact, so there's a lot of planning involved. And when you rely on some niche parts, sometimes they're not available, that's the nature of small markets. Adapt your plan to a different case or wait for V2.

Move on. V1 won't return anyway and no one wants to read your angry comments.

Guybrush

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2023
Can anyone recommend airflow for Noctua c14s and 3070 fe? I have 2 120mm fans intake from top for gpu and the c14s is using dual 140mm fans as intake. Is the second side fan ok for exhaust even though it's next to the intake for the cpu (which blows directly into heatsink fins) or should it be intake too and perhaps have a 90mm exhaust at the rear? Any ideas appreciated

Also using optional vent for the gpu

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Gentle reminder to stay civil 🙂

I understand some might be upset (similar thing and reaction happened when the legendary Ncase M1 suddenly got discontinued).

But again, like what @elrd5150 said, it is totally up to Dan to move to v2. He and/or Lian Li may have their own reasons. And no, Dan doesn't need to apologize or anything.

Regarding comms -well this is my personal opinion- It's not perfect, but Dan is easily one of the better case designers in terms of communication.

Deathegg

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2023
Can anyone recommend airflow for Noctua c14s and 3070 fe? I have 2 120mm fans intake from top for gpu and the c14s is using dual 140mm fans as intake. Is the second side fan ok for exhaust even though it's next to the intake for the cpu (which blows directly into heatsink fins) or should it be intake too and perhaps have a 90mm exhaust at the rear? Any ideas appreciated

Also using optional vent for the gpu
I am planning to do the same as your setup (but maybe with BeQuiet Dark Rock TF2) with 4 intake fans. I did consider an additional 92mm for exhaust but with so many intakes, it would create a positive pressure within the case and the air will just exit from any vents.

Reactions: Guybrush

blackreplica

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2019
I supported Dan since the first gen A4-SFX (he even used a picture of my build on his website to market the case which was cool as hell for me). I was only able to get the C4-SFX because my brother lives in berlin (and he is still using my Intel 7700k/EVGA FTW3 1080Ti first gen A4-SFX build to this day) and I asked him to order it on caseking and send it onwards to me in asia. I am so damn glad I did that and didn't wait for some other reseller who ships to other regions to pop up because if I did, I would have missed out.

Had I missed out on the case, I would have been extremely upset. I spent months planning my build, so I totally understand why people feel the way they do. I remember watching an optimumtech video from YEARS ago saying this was gonna be his next case or something. So to have so much built up for so long, only to sell out after one batch, is.....disappointing .....to say the least. and I am trying to be as polite as possible. far worse words could be used

It's completely Dan's prerogative to do whatever he wants and he doesn't owe anyone anything, much less an apology. But there is no doubt in my mind that this limited run thing is going to cost him big time in terms of all that customer/supporter rapport he has built up over the years

Last edited:

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
He didn't do anything wrong. The product was delivered with quality and functionality as promised.
He advertised the product to be available on his own Newegg US store in Q4-2023. Now tell me, how is running out of supply in Q2 not "anything wrong" then?

And when you rely on some niche parts, sometimes they're not available, that's the nature of small markets.
Niche is one thing, ultra-scarce is another. Nowhere have the customers been informed about the actual rarity of the product.
Just imagine ITX (-> "niche") board manufacturers running out of B650E ITX boards and telling you "yea there's gonna be B750E boards available mid 2024".

And I still think that people are mostly upset about the bad communication, not about the v1 having been only a small production run. I mean, if they knew earlier, they might have been able to take the measures neccessary to get one. They just did not know until the day the cases where sold out.

I understand some might be upset (similar thing and reaction happened when the legendary Ncase M1 suddenly got discontinued).
And boy have I been upset when that happened 😇

And no, Dan doesn't need to apologize or anything.
No one in the world ever has to apologize...it's just that you should do so after you have made (what is considered) a mistake.

beck

Efficiency Noob
Jul 1, 2022
Why not just offer a second batch of the V1, at a higher price if you want? I mean, the demand seems to be there.

elrd5150

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2022
He advertised the product to be available on his own Newegg US store in Q4-2023. Now tell me, how is running out of supply in Q2 not "anything wrong" then?
As far as I'm aware there was no pre-order, no one paid anything, and V2 should be available around the same time. So yeah, don't see anything wrong here either.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
and V2 should be available around the same time.
v2 will be not be available in Q4-2023 and yes, you may quote me on that when the time has come.

Also, promising to release product X and then releasing product Y in exchange is actually not keeping your promise. It is a crutch at best - and it doesn't help those customers that want to buy a v1

Again: C4-SFX v2 is a different case.

Reactions: FormerLurker

elrd5150

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2022
v2 will be not be available in Q4-2023 and yes, you may quote me on that when the time has come.

Also, promising to release product X and then releasing product Y in exchange is actually not keeping your promise. It is a crutch at best - and it doesn't help those customers that want to buy a v1

Again: C4-SFX v2 is a different case.
USA availability of V1 could be delayed for many other reasons as well, general plan does not equal guaranteed availability, that's again just the nature of small markets.

The original C4 was 12L, then it evolved to 14.7L because that's the direction Dan decided to move on. And now he moving again, nothing wrong with that.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
The original C4 was 12L, then it evolved to 14.7L
The original C4 has been released as the 11 L A4-H2O.
The "new C4-SFX" has evolved from 13.37 L to 14.7 L.

And now he moving again, nothing wrong with that.
Yup, nothing wrong with moving, but with breaking promises.

because that's the direction Dan decided to move on
If the direction he decides to move now consists of upsetting customers, then it will be quite a lonely journey.