DAN C4-SFX

Fourcupsofcoffee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 17, 2023
If you flip the NH-D12L you will have just enought place for an other Noctua NF-A12x25r on top of your ram (max height 34 mm to do so).
Was then able to reduce fan speed for the same temp on the cpu !

EDIT : I see you have a 140 mm fan, sorry, i don't think it is possible. I used an A12x25 on a 120 to 140 mm adaptator from noctua (Noctua NA-SFMA1).
Can you confirm what you mean?

Is it possible to fit 32mm LP ram in dual D12L config AND have the bracket on for 140mm exhaust?

ronstew

Efficiency Noob
May 16, 2023
Dan,

I am no businessman. But it seems to me that ordering a second container of V1 based on pre-orders would work, even if there is a V2 coming 6 months later. The aesthetics are different from the V2, North America never got a chance, and you sold your first run in a month. Have a vendor set it up so that when 75% of the pre-orders are in, production starts. As long as refunds are guaranteed if there aren't enough preorders, I think you could sell a container full in North America alone.

Decibel5300

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 19, 2023
Pretty disappointed with PCCG. Thanks a bunch Dan for following up and taking their bad management into your own hands to try and get us some cases.

They reached out to me today to let me know that I won't be able to get my silver case, but they noted

We are pleased to inform you that the black variant of the DAN C4 SFX computer case will be available to fulfil all current orders.
And I was happy to accept as I really want this V1 style case (and my 7800X3D 7900XTX computer has just been running on top of the motherboard box for too long already). Hopefully that means those of us who ordered will be able to get the V1 if we're happy with black.

TheClash

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Pretty disappointed with PCCG. Thanks a bunch Dan for following up and taking their bad management into your own hands to try and get us some cases.

They reached out to me today to let me know that I won't be able to get my silver case, but they noted

And I was happy to accept as I really want this V1 style case (and my 7800X3D 7900XTX computer has just been running on top of the motherboard box for too long already). Hopefully that means those of us who ordered will be able to get the V1 if we're happy with black.
Got the same news, and fully second your sentiment.

Looks like @febb got the same news.

A black case is def better than no case! Also thanks to @Dampfbox for offering to send one out, a kind soul indeed.

Thanks again @dondan wouldn't have a case without you.

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
I initially ordered a black and a silver one to replace both of my A4 builds - but if someones interrested (preferrably AT/DE) or other EU countries i can give the "spare" one (black) away at its original price tag and wait for the V2 for the other build. Anyone who's interrested just send me a message.

Regarding my build there are some updates to which i'll post a message with some new pics shortly - i also received my cablemod cables and the build is much cleaner now (i could have even gone shorter with them). But most annoyingly i have some issues with EKWBs direct-die cooler, which might have some production fault (there are also reports accross the web about this). I'm currently in contact with them to get this resolved.

blackreplica

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2019
Well this certainly qualifies as my most ambitious build to date. Not sure if Dan intended this, but this is probably the smallest form factor case that can fit the surface area of 4 x 120mm rads while being able to fit a D5 pump.

Why a D5 pump?

The pump/res a carryover part from my previous build and 3 140mm rads should perform as well as 4 x 120mm rad which to me is good enough. It also makes draining/filling much easier (not to mention the pump is quieter than a DDC)

I did have to grind away 2 mounting tabs to reduce the pump height and also drill mounting holes into the front of the frame but it worked out well and the pump was a perfect fit

Parts

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D + Asus X570I Gaming
Notes: No internal USB C header, so unfortunately I cannot use the front panel connector

GPU: Zotac Trinity RTX 4090 OC + EK-Pro GPU WB Trinity 5090 Rack (Nickel + Inox)
Notes: Single slot waterblock with max 24mm thickness at the G1/4 terminals at the back of the card. Fits nicely with 30mm rads and 25mm fans

The biggest challenge was getting this GPU to fit. There was literally so little space available I had to partially disassemble the case at the rear so I could connect the rear fitting with a (30mm long) tube to the fitting connected to the radiator.The section where the gpu outlets join the radiator is the toughest part to sort out. Once that is done, everything else is far simpler

Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM combined with a EK-RES X3 - TUBE 110 (64mm) because the default tube was too long to fit
Notes: Unfortunately I think this part has been discontinued, it was carried over from an old build of mine

Fittings: Mostly bitspower 3/8 5/8 fittings with a few Koolance low profile fittings here and there with EKWB ZMT tubing

Rads: EKWB Quantum Surface S280 + S140

PSU: Corsair SF600
Notes: Yes, I am using an SF600 with my rtx 4090. It was a carryover from my previous build. I was prepared to buy an SF750 but before I did, I decided to stress test the SF600 so I overclocked the GPU to 110% power limit, set PBO offset to +30 and ran all fans at 100% then stress tested both the CPU and GPU to 100% (as best as I could, as one component hitting 100% tended to bottleneck the load on the other). Despite seeing sustained power draw in the 570-580W range, for hours on end, the computer ran without a single hitch.

ReplyForward

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
Love seeing some other custom loop projects finally to appear - really nice work :-)

That lower fitting (the straight one) on the side-rad looks a bit ambitious - does that have enough place to the VRM Cooler of the mainboard without causing issues with the tube?

As it was asked before - do you have any noice-issues with the fans on the outside rather than the inside? (i assume you're pulling the air through the rad to the outside).

blackreplica

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2019
Love seeing some other custom loop projects finally to appear - really nice work :-)

That lower fitting (the straight one) on the side-rad looks a bit ambitious - does that have enough place to the VRM Cooler of the mainboard without causing issues with the tube?

As it was asked before - do you have any noice-issues with the fans on the outside rather than the inside? (i assume you're pulling the air through the rad to the outside).
Thank you:)

Regarding the tubing run for the side rad, yes it does put a little pressure on the tube + fitting but with good fittings (bitspower) and tubes (EKWB ZMT) i am confident it will hold up, right now when the side rad is attached, the tube coils nicely on top of the motherboard and i dont see any kinks when peeking thru the rear, even with the VRM cooler

The fans are definitely audible but i would not say they are noisy. I think being noctuas and 140mm they have a fairly pleasant noise profile given how much heat the system is generating. The side fan is set to intake and top fans are set to exhaust

Fourcupsofcoffee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 17, 2023
RIP my build.

Thank you for your recent order with Overclockers UK, we apologise for any inconvenience caused but we have not been able to process your order as you have out of stock item on your order.

Item no longer available, Dan Case C4-SFX v1.0 Mini-ITX Case - Silver

Didn't think it would happen to me as I managed to order.

I'd support another V1 run I don't like how the V2 looks asthetically and will probably buy a NR200. I prefer the curved front pannel of the V1 and the feet/base thing on the V2 render looks horrible! (sorry)

At least you can buy a V1 on ebay for £500 you are that desperate. I can't believe its come to scalping of cases not just GPUs and PS5s

Fourcupsofcoffee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 17, 2023
@dondan
Feedback on the V2 render post after missing out on the V1:
  • I don't care for m-atx compatibility. I feel you are trying to appeal to more mass market but by doing so making the case less special to any one group of users (itx or m-atx). I think it is rare that users will change motherboard size standard between builds. They are usually enthusiasts that stay true to one type.
  • The boxy look compared to V1 doesn't look as nice.
  • The panel colouring with the silver stripe looks off and not as nice as the V1 or other cases.
  • The ventilation holes in the panel top and sides doesn't look as nice as the V1. They look too small and doesn't compliment the cases general aesthetics with proximity to the edges.
  • The base / foot looks awful. (sorry!)
  • If its going to save on shipping & assembly cost to make it self-assemble I do hope you pass on that saving to the end users.
Was really hoping to get a V1 as it seemed special. I really liked the look and it excited me enough to put a build together to finally upgrade after 6+ years (3570k & RX480). It sucks that some people appear to have bought the case and are selling it at 2.5 times RRP essentially scalping it which kind of proves not enough supply. It's also not smart to compare youself to Nvidia in this respect as you should know everyone hates them for it!

I won't be buying a V2 if it looks anything like the render and I don't understand how you can say 'I don't want to sell it under a different name because it would be too close to the V1' when it looks completely different!

I don't mean any negativity and am just giving my honest feedback! Unfortuantly is what it is. Hope to hear more soon.

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Well, I was keeping my head down, being patient and waiting for a US drop of the C4 on Newegg when I decided to check up on how people are getting along with it. Surprised to see it dead after a month. Surprised to see @dondan taking a pretty snarky stance on the issue when people are justifiably upset. Clearly not everyone got a chance at it as he keeps stating. I was simply waiting for the drop that was promised for Q4, but f*** me for not obsessively checking if the case would spontaneously cease to exist after an impossibly short run.

I'm not sure how a complete overhaul of the case counts as a V2 and not a new case, but after years of development and many delays of similar timeframes as the proposed V2 launch, I'm not interested in being strung along for another round. I thought the V1 was pretty cool. The V2 less so. Either way, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
  • I don't care for m-atx compatibility. I feel you are trying to appeal to more mass market but by doing so making the case less special to any one group of users (itx or m-atx). I think it is rare that users will change motherboard size standard between builds. They are usually enthusiasts that stay true to one type.
  • The boxy look compared to V1 doesn't look as nice.
  • The panel colouring with the silver stripe looks off and not as nice as the V1 or other cases.
  • The ventilation holes in the panel top and sides doesn't look as nice as the V1. They look too small and doesn't compliment the cases general aesthetics with proximity to the edges.
  • The base / foot looks awful. (sorry!)
  • If its going to save on shipping & assembly cost to make it self-assemble I do hope you pass on that saving to the end users.
tbh I have to agree on most of the negatives you mentioned, but the V2 is by far not final and as we learned, Daniel does actually value feedback from the audience :)

I just hope that the internals do not change in a way that prohibits existing V1 builds to be moved to a V2. Especially for the water cooling folk, getting a clean build in such small cases can be time consuming.

Reactions: Fourcupsofcoffee

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Clearly not everyone got a chance at it as he keeps stating. I was simply waiting for the drop that was promised for Q4, but f*** me for not obsessively checking if the case would spontaneously cease to exist after an impossibly short run
As said before, it sucks that we have not been told about the actual exclusiveness of the product, so none of us even saw the neccessity of hammering F5 to get one before it sells out.

What a c***
Ok