DAN C4-SFX

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
Dan, given you're going to try to make C4-SFX 280mm rad compatible -- what's the GPU height limit in classical layout? Can't find it anywhere (except your rough (?) estimate of 130mm there), so I'm really interested to know whether or not having conventional full-cover GPU waterblock with terminations on side is feasible?

Sure, there's such things:
But they're pretty much a unicorn and I can't justify getting top-of-the line card just because such blocks are only made for them (well last one supports 2070, but I'm pretty sure that's just a happy coincidence/it was designed against 2080 Ti first).

Second question regarding GPU height: any chance of Strix cards with deshroud fitting (Asus lists them as <=131mm high)?

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
Answering myself — Dan already showed GPU height limits there:

But then last time (12th of May) asked about 130mm Strix card:
So a RADEON VII or Asus 5700XT Strix will fit.
But day prior to that (so 11th of May, lol):
@irememberflick In sandwich mode the Strix will fit in traditional not.
All Strix cards seem to be listed in 130-131mm range, so I'm confused, lol.
GPU Waterblock in classical layout question still relevant -- I managed to find dimensions for some blocks, but they're all around ~125mm mark, which seems suspicioucly low (they list height without terminal block installed?)

bushonpen

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
CoolerMaster's released the NR200; I still much prefer the Dancase's development tbh
There is no point in discussing the NR200 in this thread and comparing it to the DAN C4. The NR200 is bigger than NCase M1 and the Streacom DA2, and is not a premium case. Don't get me wrong, the NR200 is a good case, but it is not a competitor to the C4 and its discussion contributes nothing to the development of Dan's case.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
I’ve been out of the SFF build world for a little while, just because my current SFF case does everything I could dream of.
With the new 10th gen CPU’s and the new Z490 chipset, and with the RTX3090(Ti? Super?) around the corner I’d love to get back in the game.

C4-SFX in whatever form is at the top op my list!

Reactions: Madhawk1995

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
It would be deceptive to pretend the NR200 isn't a competitor. Of course it is. There isn't anything on the market quite like it currently, without spending $/€/£200+

But that doesn't mean it's all bad. It provides a cheap(ish) route in to SFF, and could well cause the market to grow faster than it would without cases like this. With the C4 supporting much of the same hardware, there's potential to see people upgrade from NR200 to C4 to get a more premium product and a 40% reduction in volume.

Last edited:

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
It would be deceptive to pretend the NR200 isn't a competitor. Of course it is. There isn't anything on the market quite like it currently, without spending $/€/£200+

But that doesn't mean it's all bad. It provides a cheap(ish) route in to SFF, and could well cause the market to grow faster than it would without cases like thid. With the C4 supporting much of the same hardware, there's potential to see people upgrade from NR200 to C4 to get a more premium product and a 40% reduction in volume.

Fine point, but I think its positioning is better discussed over in the Hardware thread! ?

Reactions: bushonpen

kamiKAZIK

Cable Smoosher
May 7, 2020
I haven't been here for a while (work and family always first). Is there any rough ETA on this product? I hope that Dan is not discouraged by the user/comment/like numbers. Personally, I don't think that it's a good interest/popularity measure. At this point, it is still impossible to buy anything that supports hardware in classic layout in EU and, by the looks of it, it's going to take a while for markets to open.

Reactions: Ghillie

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
I will chip in as well, While the nr200 seems to actually fulfill my need, its rather unappealing from a visual standpoint for me, its just too large and doesnt look like a premium enclosure ,I would rather buy something like thecerberus or cerberus x if i want to get something immediately

I am already used to enthusiat sff being a rather premium space after all, so I expect premium cases as well

Aleksander

Trash Compacter
Jul 16, 2020
It's cool that you are so concerned that the case should be the best possible! For me, a 280 (or 240) AIO in the bottom and vertical GPU would be perfect. Adapting the case for water cooling of the cpu can be smart as you need space for an Noctua NH-U12A or similar to get similar results as a good AIO.

Reactions: jonomatic

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
This is the big question. Do I made a sandwich case like the T1 with support for 240 AIO and normal height fans ~10L (132*235*320) or a case like the current one with two layouts and 280 AIO support ~11.3L (148mm*235mm*325mm).

LoL, I already paid for my T1. I am very interested in the 280 AIO support case. Regardless, what route you choose I think they will do well. Personally, I don't like the design of the Ncase. So, I am very happy I have a good looking bigger case as an option.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I know a lot of people want this case ASAP, but I do think that having 280mm radiator support in a relatively small case would set it apart from most similarly sized cases which only support up to 240mm units.

This could be even more important in the future if rumors of next gen GPUs exceeding 350W are true, and possibly higher power draw and heat from next gen CPUs too.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

max1c

Efficiency Noob
May 8, 2020
LOL I need to remind you guys that, as the C4 grows bigger, it's getting closer to what Cooler Master NR200 is.

Poor dondan ? Keep up the good work, dude.

I hope that in the end we have the smallest case that supports 360mm AIO.

Last edited:

ReturnedSword

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2018
@dondan It’s great to hear that you’re considering finding a way to support 280mm radiators. Even 240mm is pretty great already.

Is there any possibility that you’ll be able to work in an alternate front panel that includes 2 x USB Type-A ports also? I understand that many prefer a bare minimalist front I/O, but I don’t mind paying extra for the option of gaining two more ports up front for stuff like security keys and USB drives. It’s not a hard requirement for me, but having that option would be a nice thing to avoid using USB hubs.