DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Way taller than i expected:(

It is the pump that really adds to the height, I would have loved to use mine in my Ncase but it was way too tall.

Reactions: Acalanata

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@dondan maybe it's a silly question... BUT do you think it's possible to have a black pcb for the PCIe 16x hard riser? :)

Last edited:

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
how i fill custom simple Eisbaer loops- with flow wheel mentioned

to be honest though, topping up the Eisbaer LT- silent loops is easy0 but needs to be outside the components, just lay the rad flat on its back- hold the block to the highest points, unscrew the fill port and fill slowly .

if you've ordered the GPX eiswolf without rad - which doesn't come pre-filled but has the DQC- just push the nozzle in the blue connector which allows you to fill it up and un-press

good to see card should be able to hold 2.5 slot cards, hopefully 3 slot designs ? know cooler designs/shrouds have passed first physical design and will stem usual 2 slot and 3 slot design

Reactions: Acalanata

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
Unfortunately Alphacool chose to use a thin 25mm rad and (maybe bad pump?), at least according to one review, it struggles to cool an 4.8 GHz 7700k (72c core average). With an added GPU it is going to be the hottest loop of the year.

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/alphacool_eisbaer_lt_240_review/5

I was thinking about buying the cheapest 120 model, replace the rad, refill the cooler, get some fans and hope the pump isn’t crap but this is creeping into custom loop territory. That’s why I am interested in custom loops.

But it will be great if you can test this too Dan :D

That's too bad... Hopefully it's possible to buy only the CPU brick and pump without any radiator, and that it's possible to buy a 30mm radiator.
I don't think it'll make that much of a difference though, it might be more on the pump or that the CPU contact plate doesn't have enough water touching it or something.
Oh well, I think it's fine to just have a normal heatsink for the GPU. I don't think I'll use glass/acrylic window anyway.

@dondan what happened with the wood front panel? Is it still coming? :cool:

Wasn't that suggestion made by somebody else? I don't he ever said that would be an option.

HaveBlue

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
In order for this to be a true water cooling case, support for a proper custom loop with reservoir and pump must be made a priority. I know the EK-xres 100 SPC 60 Here: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-spc-60-mx-pwm-incl-pump has the dimensions of 67x68x117 mm. In order for this to fit, the case bust me made approximately 1cm taller so that this could fit between the bottom of the power supply and the top of the radiator fans grills, since that space is currently 60mm. I would hate for a case of this caliber to be limited to only using aio coolers without user modification to the case.

I think for this to be a true winner, some space can be sacrificed to allow for true support of custom loops in order to be the best sff water cooler case.

Making the case 1cm taller makes it 10.2L, still smaller than ncase. However with some clever designing, I think the space between the PSU and fan grill can be increased in some way without making the whole case larger.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Depending on manufacture costs the case will come with two hard risers. One riser for 2 Slot cards and one fot 2.5 Slot cards. 3 Slot is impossible, because i have to make the case 10mm wider.

Bomb4st1c

Cable Smoosher
Mar 1, 2018
@dondan: I really love this design (even over the Swedish L..q. case) and would definitely purchase it when available.
The 'just flip it' is just genius for desktop placement (now at least we have a choice), radiator air flow (pull or push) as well as more modern front I/O connections like usb type c.

Will be following this thread closely

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
why are certain words asterisked in orbitals post

yeah, I aint posting that up freely and clearly - luckily im a complete unknown here and pretty much else were bar one site and push the boundaries on what I post up that reaps maximum benefit to a Vendor :D

Depending on manufacture costs the case will come with two hard risers. One riser for 2 Slot cards and one fot 2.5 Slot cards. 3 Slot is impossible, because i have to make the case 10mm wider.

great to hear about 2.5 slot - shame 3 cant be pushed as i Know a lot of people like Zotac Amp Extreme cards along with warranty - personally an aorus fan ;)
hopefully though by the looks of coolers having forum over function ... won't be as a huge need for 3 slot coolers like their was for gtx 11080ti

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Today I made a short rendering with I/O on top because I still like this design. I think it looks more elegant without the cutouts on the sides. For this test I used only USB3.0 type A and USB3.1 type C on the topside.
I know we already had the discussion, but what do you think?

Click for 4K

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.