DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbonkers

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
Very nice case! Will the case be flippable?

edit: just saw the last render on the first page, got my answer. looking forward to when we can purchase this

HaveBlue

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
Dan, what about space for a reservoir for a custom loop? The end of the GPU with a water block on it and the space beneath does not look adequate for one. Also, what about top entry waterblocks? Will there be enough clearance behind the gpu when using 90 degree connectors?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I will test a custom loop on the prototype after I got it. The biggest problem is the resavoire but I will check that later.

I like to introduce a easy way to install a watercooling solution for both CPU and GPU:

Alphacool Eibaer LT

Alphacool Eiswolf GPX
-available for nearly every GPU.
-if you have a last generate GPU and it isn't on the list send them your card and get a free GPU block.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Hi @dondan personally I was planning this combo:

Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ultra low noise ceramic - 12V DC - Dimensions (WxHXD): 51x48x9mm (without fittings)

Alphacool DC-LT Plexi top - Dimensions (LxWxH): 49x49x24mm (without fittings, without pump)

Alphacool reservoir individual for DC-LT pumps - Dimensions (LxWxH): 49x49x56mm (without fittings, without pump)

Reactions: Acalanata

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Why not useing a tube as a reservoir. Just install a T piece between two tube ends. On the third end install a tube with a lock at the end. This tube can be used as a reservoir. It will need nearly zero space and will not block the fan airflow.

HaveBlue

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
Why not useing a tube as a reservoir. Just install a T piece between two tube ends. On the third end install a tube with a lock at the end. This tube can be used as a reservoir. It will need nearly zero space and will not block the fan airflow.
The kit i would be considering using is https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g . I say reservoir, but it is the pump/reservoir unit. The reservoir/pump has dimensions of 68x67x117 mm.

How much space is between the side panel and say the face of a 1 slot GPU? Or the distance from the bottom of the GPU to the bottom of the main case area. If either is > ~70 mm, this unit should fit :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Acalanata

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
Eisbaer LT and Eiswolf GPX Pro have alphacool DC-LT motors inside themselves, so it would make a reliable setting with dual pumps.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
That's a good idea and makes perfectly sense. I was just thinking about a more "elegant" solution :)
(consider that those above might probably be the most compact pump-res combo on the market).

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@FdeFons If you install a 27mm radiator there will be enough space for filters like this:

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@Metroversal

Somebody mentioned this in an other thread as reservoir:
Nice find! It's even a lil bit smaller than the DC-LT reservoir I planned to use :thumb:

Alphacool G1/4" Eisfluegel Flow Indicator
Dimensions (LxWxH): 44.5 x 32.1 x 48.4 mm
VS
Alphacool reservoir individual for DC-LT pumps
Dimensions (LxWxH): 49 x 49 x 56mm

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
I will test a custom loop on the prototype after I got it. The biggest problem is the resavoire but I will check that later.

I like to introduce a easy way to install a watercooling solution for both CPU and GPU:
Alphacool Eibaer LT
Alphacool Eiswolf GPX

-available for nearly every GPU.
-if you have a last generate GPU and it isn't on the list send them your card and get a free GPU block.

Unfortunately Alphacool chose to use a thin 25mm rad and (maybe bad pump?), at least according to one review, it struggles to cool an 4.8 GHz 7700k (72c core average). With an added GPU it is going to be the hottest loop of the year.

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/alphacool_eisbaer_lt_240_review/5

I was thinking about buying the cheapest 120 model, replace the rad, refill the cooler, get some fans and hope the pump isn’t crap but this is creeping into custom loop territory. That’s why I am interested in custom loops.

But it will be great if you can test this too Dan :D

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017

The glare is a pain but the other side of the flow indicator is plugged and would be my fill port

I was thinking of just using a T line, but this may be a better solution. I hope I can get some good thermals on a single 240 rad for my GPU and CPU.

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
How about Swiftech's H220? It has pump, res with the radiator. Also there's Apogee drive 2. It would work fine if it fits i guess

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
How about Swiftech's H220? It has pump, res with the radiator. Also there's Apogee drive 2. It would work fine if it fits i guess

I have one, it is 115mm tall with fans. Not sure where you would put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.