DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The vent holes in the middle plate are allready removed if you look on the last pages to have more airflow and noise reduction. I think I have to update post1. Maybe I find time for it on weekend.

Furthermore the case also support 25mm fans + 30mm thick radiator.

cuongtdc

What's an ITX?
Dec 7, 2017
OMG, this design is so good, can't wait for the kickstarter!!!!
Anyone know the ETA? I want to build a PC now with 8700k, but in the A4 it will be quite hot. I'm waiting for this C4. Hopefully we can get it around June 2018?
The design is actually ok now, I think we should move to the manufacturer! :D sorry guys, I'm so tempted

Thank you, @dondan for this amazing product.
I'm playing with the cooling solution for the A4 but seems doesn't go anywhere better than the ASETEK 545LC

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
OMG, this design is so good, can't wait for the kickstarter!!!!
Anyone know the ETA? I want to build a PC now with 8700k, but in the A4 it will be quite hot. I'm waiting for this C4. Hopefully we can get it around June 2018?
The design is actually ok now, I think we should move to the manufacturer! :D sorry guys, I'm so tempted

Thank you, @dondan for this amazing product.
I'm playing with the cooling solution for the A4 but seems doesn't go anywhere better than the ASETEK 545LC

This is a concept thread so far.

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
What's the CPU cooler clearance? In the very rare chance I'd go by plane somewhere, with the computer.

Amazing design, but AIO do have the issue with air travel.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Just an idea, but it would be pretty amazing to be able to swap from option 2 or 3 aesthetic to option 1 with a tray release mechanism or sorts. Would allow for extra I/O that could be hidden when not in use. Could also provide a hair more space for longer coolers etc.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@dondan Last option from almidax looks perfect!

@odeniz Eww, no offence but you just ruined the clean design of the case

@Kmpkt not sure about the tray idea or any mechanism of sort, moving parts tend to wear out and are prone to break. Personally I'd just keep it simple as it is (though I'd welcome the addition of an HDMI port on the front I/O).

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Tomorrow I will restart the last poll with three options:

(click for 4K)

A special thank to AlMiDaX for the idea on the new option.
The IO cutout on #3 doesn't flow well with the vents and looks a bit crowded IMO. Based on looks alone, I think I prefer #2.

Reactions: Arboreal

alamilla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 11, 2016
The IO cutout on #3 doesn't flow well with the vents and looks a bit crowded IMO. Based on looks alone, I think I prefer #2.
+1

p.s. the forum member on [H] who seemed adamant that he knew better about case design than you and dondan regarding space efficiency and the market for this product XDXDXD

Reactions: Arboreal and Legion

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I still like the original design and its attributes. IM(V)HO the angled cutoffs for the IO on the other 2 models don't work with the straight lines of the case and feel derivative - too reminiscent of the NCASE M1 front plate. Your ideas are really good & original, Dan but those just don't work for me.
In the meantime, I am uselessly throwing money at the screen to get the C4-SFX project going!

Reactions: cmyk78

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@Arboreal To be honest, the case doesn't have that many straight lines, actually I can see many rounded edges (just look at the outer panel).

The angled cutoffs may be reminiscent of the M1, but even some Phanteks cases have similarly shaped cutoffs. I don't think it's a problem, I mean, on the C4 the cutoffs are just on the sides. Also, they match the cutoffs at the bottom of the case

I like the first option but the more I look at it, the more I start to think that it kinda looks like a drawer that needs to be pushed in.

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
The top IO looks best if you're view is leveled with the case (2nd option), but from a taller angle the side IO looks better (3rd option). I think the 3rd option is the better one.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@Arboreal To be honest, the case doesn't have that many straight lines, actually I can see many rounded edges (just look at the outer panel).

The angled cutoffs may be reminiscent of the M1, but even some Phanteks cases have similarly shaped cutoffs. I don't think it's a problem, I mean, on the C4 the cutoffs are just on the sides. Also, they match the cutoffs at the bottom of the case

/snip

I like the first option but the more I look at it, the more I start to think that it kinda looks like a drawer that needs to be pushed in.

Now you've said that I can't unsee it!
However, to make it really tidy, why not make it massively overkill by making the 'drawer' with the switch and IO on it pushable in & out so that it can be hidden when off or running and not needed.
A smooth hydraulic mechanism like push to open and push back soft drawer opener in a kitchen unit would make it unique!
/design madness
Still not keen on the angled cutoffs on the top or side though

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
Tomorrow I will restart the last poll with three options:

(click for 4K)

A special thank to AlMiDaX for the idea on the new option.
There's a problem with the 3rd option. If you're really going to go with a tempered glass kit, those "curves" will add cost/difficulty to the tempered glass manufacturing.

I believe the 2nd option is the best one after all, with the IO at the top, due to that issue. I personally find the 1st option a bit ugly.

Although, I do suspect the tempered glass would cause issues with the higher end GPUs. A wild guess would be 5-7C higher temps with the tempered glass, if the RPM were to remain the same. Decreasing your temps by 5C does require significantly higher RPM.

Reactions: Phuncz
Status
Not open for further replies.