DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightertoad

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2018
I like the idea of the hard riser being less error prone, and I wonder if the C4 layout with GPU on same side as CPU will help improve thermals for the m.2 SSD's controller at the back of the motherboard. Personally, I'm not too concerned with showing off GPU in a case this small and would always prefer the vented panel for better airflow anyway. Having 2.75 slot width available for GPU does appear to be quite relevant for the long term though.

david.giessing

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
I like the idea of the hard riser being less error prone, and I wonder if the C4 layout with GPU on same side as CPU will help improve thermals for the m.2 SSD's controller at the back of the motherboard. Personally, I'm not too concerned with showing off GPU in a case this small and would always prefer the vented panel for better airflow anyway. Having 2.75 slot width available for GPU does appear to be quite relevant for the long term though.

I think the difference for the m.2 drives is negligible. In both scenarios they are crammed behind the mobo and the tray without any airflow. I wonder if one could use a thermalpad to connect the m.2s to the frame and allow it to discipate the heat that way? would require small tolerances though.

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017
Hi Dan, sorry for asking.. but what is the ETA for kickstarter?
Following the development from the start, I simply need to push the purchase button!

Reactions: papsicleboy

martin-d

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 14, 2018
Perfect case (layout) is a different thing for every each one of us. That said It's hard to please every point of view and there will always be some downside to decision that has been made.

I really like decisions that Dan has done with A4 and is doing with C4 as well. I love the first exterior design that was introduced with this thread, what's inside I'll leave to people who know it better than I do (airflow, orientation, hubs, click-clack, blah blah, avocado) ;)
What I'd really really like is to be able to build my new PC in C4 sometime after release of new Ryzen next year.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
With RAM prices finally going down, I can't wait for this case to release. It's time for me to part ways with my 4770K once and for all. Just need AMD to release their new CPUs and then wait for this case.

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
I prefer hard riser
I just got an Asus Strix 1080ti. that's not gonna fit. 298mm, just 3 mm more. I hope it will fit.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
As I'm planning on going with the perforated side panel and not a window, the interior layout makes little difference to me. If there are reliability issues with the flexible riser then I'd obviously prefer the hard riser. I've had a hard riser in my Alienware X51 R2 for over 5 years with no issues.

Can't wait to see the new renders. I'm hoping to build into this case next year once the new 7nm AMD CPUs and GPUs are available.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry, missed that post. I was reading the front page

After my work on the final design is done. I will update the first post of this thread.

Topic related:

I found a solution to attach the side panels with Lian Li clips. So for the metal panels there will be no visible screws from the outside. For the tempered glass it is impossible to mount it without screws. But I will use the same tiny screws that I used for the A4-SFX Window Kit.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
Not sure if this has been asked before, is the C4 going to be on Kickstarter or directly on sfflab?

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
@dondan, one other +1 for the A4 hardware layout is that the GPU temperatures are 4-8C lower than having the GPU on the same side as the motherboard. I tried this configuration with multiple cases and in the A4, my GPU had the best temps, things also improved when I put a fan duct on the GPU side, gained another 3-5C.

Scyron

Case Bender
Dec 17, 2018
Hi Dondan,
I would love to see the C4 with the A4 layout! A build with it could be a real piece of art.
I wanted to buy the A4 but I prefer to wait and to know more about this one.
I need a powerfull pc for 3d rendering that I can take easily with me in a luggage when I have to move.

Thank you for your great work!!

Reactions: martin-d
Status
Not open for further replies.