DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMan20

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2018
@DaveMan20 All arguments (expect of glass panel) are also valid for C4-SFX with classical hardware layout. So for the classical layout the GPU will be have direct access to fresh air from the side panel. Also wide GPUs are supported for classical layout.

Hi Dan!
Thanks for the reply. The big difference for me is that as you have stated the A4 layout can have both a tempered glass side panel and also have a direct air intake for the GPU on the other side. I think that for this reason the A4 layout is better.

Reactions: SashaLag

DankBuck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 11, 2018
@Rankless: At the current point prototypes are not that expansive because I work together with Lian Li the last years.

I think I will create a rendering of both final layouts and than it is easier to decide.

Awesome, can't wait for those :D
What do you have in mind for the standard site panels and will there be any different types to buy separately?

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
My plan is to go the same route for Kickstarter as for the A4-SFX. There will be two rewards. One reward with C4-SFX with default panels and one reward with C4-SFX with default panels + Window Kit.
Will the window panels be just plain transparent or is there a way to get them in a smoke-greyish color? Dark tinted windows would make lighting effects look awesome

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
It will be somthing like 2mm black tinted.

Super excited. The render / prototype aesthetic looks incredible.

Kyuss

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2017
Sorry if this is answered, I have searched for it but I have not seen any results. Does this case support an EK-Predator/Phoenix 240 radiator?
Thanks

Reactions: Rankless

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
I know you dont like to give false ideas on timeline, but for me, i have to save up for this case. Can you give an estimate like Q1 or Q2 for the kickstarter launch?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@dondan I was looking at the first images in this thread, and I was wondering if you could find a way to add space on the bottom or top for 1 or 2 slim 120mm fans for exhaust/intake.
Trying a lot of cases in the last 5 months, the exhaust is the big issues of all these!

Reactions: denzle and chyll2

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Kyuss Just read the first post of this read. Then you can find infornation of supported radiator sizes. Short answer is no.

@fabio I don't want to make the case bigger, sorry.
Then, it will be perfect without! :D I will be one of the first backers! This case is perfect for my needs!

Reactions: Saturnian

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
Maybe some of you know that the A4-SFXv4 will get a new riser cable. This riser cable is very price attractive and in the same price range of two hard risers. So I like to discuss if you are interest in using the A4 hardware layout for the C4. (GPU behind the motherboard).

Compatibility Comparison:

Current Hardware Layout:
C4-SFX with "2.0 Slot hard riser" - CPU heatsink up to 64mm, GPU 2 Slot (41mm+5mm back plate)
C4-SFX with "2.5 Slot hard riser" - CPU heatsink up to 54mm, GPU 2.5/2,75 Slot (51mm+5mm back plate)

A4 Hardware Layout:
C4-SFX with "flexible riser cable" - CPU heatsink up to 54mm, GPU 2.5/2,75 Slot (51mm+5mm back plate)

I like the A4 Hardware Layout

LazyGamer

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 25, 2018
+1 for the A4 layout, 2.75 slot gpu support and the ease of access for things like ram swaps is amazing. The reduced cpu cooler height is a bummer, however because of the water-cooling support I don't think it will matter.
Love what you are doing and I'll happily be one of the first backers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.