DAN B4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

Introduction

Because of the growing pupularity of the tower style sandwich layout I created the B4-SFX. This case has support for 320mm long triple slot GPUs, fits a 280mm AIO and has a volume of 12,27L.
The PSU and Motherboard I/O can be reached over the backside of the case, while the GPU I/O is accessable over the bottom. You need a angled HDMI or Displayport Adapter/Cable to connect the GPU with your monitor.

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D):
341 x 150 x 240mm, 12.27L
Overall Dimensions: 356 x 150 x 240 (including case feets)
Weight: ~2 Kg

Graphic cards support: 3 Slot GPU up to 320mm length
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
Water cooling support: up to 280mm radiator with 140x140x25mm fans

Drives:up to 2 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Power button: Premium-grade button
I/O: USB-C gen2 with Key-A internal

Material: 1,5mm aluminum (outer panels), 1.5mm aluminum (inner parts & top panel)
Side panels: Steel Mesh panels 0.8mm with LianLi Push Pin technology
Colors: Anodized black or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Risercard: PCIe 16x gen4 flex riser

Price tag: 230€/$230

Gallery

Updates:

Next Steps

• Make a Prototype
  • Create the manual
  • Production Guide
  • Cartons and Label
  • Test the prototype
  • Reviews
  • Update media material
  • CE-Validation
  • Release (no release date)

Special Thanks

Thank you for reading and your support. Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Wow @dondan, a surprise arrival to the Dan Case family.

That's a great looking and compact vertical case design!

The mesh sides look particularly good for efficient cooling.

Please don't get too distracted from getting the C4-SFX onto the market! 😉

SquareCubedBox

Chassis Packer
Sep 27, 2020
Just posting so that I can officially say that I was one of the first people to first see this HAHAHA!
In all seriousness though, its a good looking case!

paqji

Efficiency Noob
Jan 16, 2020
i always thought it was a crime that the chimera mach one hasn't made it to market, another banger to add to the DAN arsenal 😆

Reactions: DrHudacris

Sacha

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2021
Nice! It looks good and I appreciate that the GPU I/O are directly accessible (= not routed to the back of the case), prevents compatbility issues.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Would be great, if it weren't a standing style, but this'll be cool for a lot of people as an alternative to the horrific H1, or the hard to get Meshlicious.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Convenient layout like in Meshlicious but in a smaller form factor, more space-efficient and made from premium materials, I love it.

As quite a few people will probably be building a custom loop in this case I think having mounting holes for a small pump/res combo or just a DDC pump above the GPU would be a killer feature:

EK-Quantum Kinetic combo is probably too wide (71x70mm) but 62x62mm DDC tops like Barrow/Bitspower ones should fit.

Don't like the design of the front panel though. C4-SFX's front panel is really nice and pleasing to look at, this one however looks a bit like a generic top/bottom panel that's mounted vertically (for the same reason I don't like vertically mounted horizontal cases).

Last edited:
Reactions: eedev

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Great design, I love it. If that case would have existed one or two years ago, probably I wouldn't have started to make my own cases...

Just one proposal:

the GPU I/O is accessable over the bottom. You need a angled HDMI or Displayport Adapter/Cable to connect the GPU with your monitor.

not a big deal - but for a premium case like this, I would try to integrate one DP or HDMI output at the back of the case. Something like this for example:

If someone needs to connect more than one monitor, still can use additional adapter cables.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I know my next case will be a vertical style case, and this is now on the list to choose from. I love the design, and look forward to seeing where this design goes!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The big question is should i made it with 280 AIO support in 12.2L or just 240 AIO support in 10.5L.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I vote for 280 for two reasons:
1. For custom loops, a single slim 240 isn't enough to dissipate 350W+ of heat at comfortable noise levels. For reference, 5900X + 3080 FE consume ~445W at stock. 280 rads have ~36% more surface area than 240 and can handle such load quite well. I would also make sure that 280 GTS fits in this case which is the best slim 280 rad available.
2. 140mm fans provide more airflow than their 120mm counterparts at the same noise levels (or same airflow at lower noise levels).

Reactions: BRSxIgnition

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Great design, I love it. If that case would have existed one or two years ago, probably I wouldn't have started to make my own cases...

Just one proposal:

not a big deal - but for a premium case like this, I would try to integrate one DP or HDMI output at the back of the case. Something like this for example:

If someone needs to connect more than one monitor, still can use additional adapter cables.
Completely agree on this. Sourcing a HDMI or (especially) DP cable with a sufficiently low profile 90° bend in the right direction of the right length for your setup is far from trivial. Most 90° DP cables in particular still stick quite far out from the PCIe bracket. SSUPD tries to solve this (quite poorly IMO) with a bundled angled HDMI cable. Badly due to that cable being 1m long, which would barely be enough to route along my monitor arm down to the desk, and definitely not enough to go below the desk, over to the PC, and up again - it essentially necessitates routing the cable clear across the desk. Also due to the cable being HDMI 2.0 only of course.

So with this case being smaller and having less clearance for GPU plugs (from the looks of things, at least), using an extension like what @REVOCCASES linked would be pretty much essential - I'd say one HDMI and one DP for ideal coverage of most use cases, with a pass-through hole for further connections. Of course this would raise the BOM, but hopefully not by more than $10-15 when buying in bulk.

Other than that I really like the concept though, it looks impressively dense! 280mm rad support would be a must for me.

Last edited:

billy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
The big question is should i made it with 280 AIO support in 12.2L or just 240 AIO support in 10.5L.

I would say at least 280 AIO.

You may also consider to make it a bit higher to fit corsair XR5 (420 radiator) which is 450mm tall like Sligher SV590.
In this case you have plenty of room for bottom GPU I/O and won't require tall case feet.

At last I hope there is enough space (2mm) to snap in magnified dust filter under front panel.

Thanks for the great work.

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
So with this case being smaller and having less clearance for GPU plugs (from the looks of things, at least), using an extension like what @REVOCCASES linked would be pretty much essential - I'd say one HDMI and one DP for ideal coverage of most use cases, with a pass-through hole for further connections. Of course this would raise the BOM, but hopefully not by more than $10-15 when buying in bulk.

The issue with these extensions is that they do not support the latest HDMI and DP versions. HDMI is limited to 2.0b and some users have reported getting only up to 1.2 speed on the DP cables. IIRC, the Velka 7 had a lot of issues with this. For a retail case, this can't be accepted imo.

Reactions: Sacha and eedev