DAN A4-SFX v4.1

SGTHALL

….
New User
Oct 28, 2022
I'm curious about this. Is there any way to do this without resorting to zipties?
So this may seem a bit weird but I flipped my case over and have the 92 mm fans for exhaust I’m currently running a 3060ti overclocked and my temps stay in the 60s my 3080 FE will be here on the 7th so more info to come

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
With a new pair of shoes, I'm finally done with my build:

Found them on Amazon and luckily had a fitting/riser to use the original feet screws. Needed them to raise it a few mm to clear the front lip.

Reactions: thelaughingman

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
With a new pair of shoes, I'm finally done with my build:

Found them on Amazon and luckily had a fitting/riser to use the original feet screws. Needed them to raise it a few mm to clear the front lip.
What about GPU temperature?
FE Passthrough fan is completely blocked by case

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
What about GPU temperature?
FE Passthrough fan is completely blocked by case
I'm not sure I understand. None of the fans are completely blocked. I do have a slight underclock and things are running between mid-60s to mid-70s depending on the game I'm playing. If anything, my 5800x3D is the unwieldly beast but I think I've finally got that tamed as well.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'm not sure I understand. None of the fans are completely blocked. I do have a slight underclock and things are running between mid-60s to mid-70s depending on the game I'm playing. If anything, my 5800x3D is the unwieldly beast but I think I've finally got that tamed as well.
I’m not meaning passthrough fan is blocked but its airflow is blocked.
Based on my sm550 experience, other video on RTX 3080 FE in form t1 (optimum tech), you need enough clearance between psu separator and back of gpu for hot exhaust to be pushed away from case.
How much clearance is there between back for gpu and psu separator ?

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
I’m not meaning passthrough fan is blocked but its airflow is blocked.
Based on my sm550 experience, other video on RTX 3080 FE in form t1 (optimum tech), you need enough clearance between psu separator and back of gpu for hot exhaust to be pushed away from case.
How much clearance is there between back for gpu and psu separator ?
Ah, I see what you're saying. Not much space (3-5mm?) but the exhaust fans definitely compensate. Fans never reach max or even high.

kranoath

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 9, 2022
Hi all,

I have a DAN Case A4-SFXv4.1 and looking to upgrade the gpu for 1440p at very high setting.

My dream graphics card for this case would be the EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC but been waiting forever for this thing to go down.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about the following:

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming 12GB
ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT Dual OC 12GB
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti EAGLE OC 8GB Rev 2.0 LHR
GALAX GeForce RTX 3060 Ti LHR 1-Click OC 8GB

What are people's opinion?

First hopefully they will all fit without issues or mods. What about build quality, sound and heat?

Any input is welcome. Thanks.

SGTHALL

….
New User
Oct 28, 2022
I installed my 3080FE in my inverted Dan case v4 this morning. I’m running MW2 in 4K on high settings. Max GPU temp is 68c, hot spot is 78c, and memory is topping out at 88c. I’m booting to 2010 MHz, no under volt, and my PSU is in the normal position. Custom fan curves start at 58%, topping out at 75%. Basically, all I did was remove the feet, flip the case, install 1 inch feet, and flip the 92 mm Noctua fans (that are now on the top) over for exhaust. Hope this helps.

alfista

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 18, 2021
Hi All,
I have the 4.1 version of DAN-A4 for approximately two years now. I had never used the USB-C until a few days ago. I noticed that whenever I connect a device (phone or USB stick) it will continuously (dis)connect, which is not an issue when using any other USB-C port of either my monitor or motherboard.
Has anyone else faced this before?

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
Hi All,
I have the 4.1 version of DAN-A4 for approximately two years now. I had never used the USB-C until a few days ago. I noticed that whenever I connect a device (phone or USB stick) it will continuously (dis)connect, which is not an issue when using any other USB-C port of either my monitor or motherboard.
Has anyone else faced this before?
Had trouble with this when I first built mine last year. There was a Bios update that resolved my issue.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Hi all,

I have a DAN Case A4-SFXv4.1 and looking to upgrade the gpu for 1440p at very high setting.

My dream graphics card for this case would be the EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC but been waiting forever for this thing to go down.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about the following:

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming 12GB
ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT Dual OC 12GB
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti EAGLE OC 8GB Rev 2.0 LHR
GALAX GeForce RTX 3060 Ti LHR 1-Click OC 8GB

What are people's opinion?

First hopefully they will all fit without issues or mods. What about build quality, sound and heat?

Any input is welcome. Thanks.

I would go with either the Gigabyte or the Sapphire, yet if you have access to the 6750 Reference model (saw it available from Caseking in Europe as well) that's possibly the best looking (all black) highest quality card and the most powerful 2 slot. Besides, as things are going... it might as well hold that spot as 2 slots are becoming an endangered species. I mean look at this:

Seems so well made.

I really hope that the new case Dan has in store that will replace the SFX, will not involve a size increase. Mobo's have higher M.2 slots and gpu's getting thicker, but a small and sturdy sub 10L air cooled case is where my heart lies.
As a matter of fact, I would be interested in an ITX gpu sandwitch-style case. That would be the dream with both mobo and gpu share the same size, the SFX psu can be perpendicular to them facing outwards a vented front panel. The Dan A5.