DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
Hey fam! Proud to be a part of the group. Almost have my build where I want it. Might change the cooler as I'm just eclipsing 80c on my 5600x even on a -30 CO offset but otherwise very happy with everything else:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I could be wrong, but the high cpu temps might be due to having a 3080 FE in there. Aside from this, I might also try if there's any improvement with the psu inverted. If not, I would see if I could put back the plastic sheet in the middle if I can.
Regardless, the build looks gorgeous!

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
I could be wrong, but the high cpu temps might be due to having a 3080 FE in there. Aside from this, I might also try if there's any improvement with the psu inverted. If not, I would see if I could put back the plastic sheet in the middle if I can.
Regardless, the build looks gorgeous!
You're right. Had a 3070 in there before this and temps were manageable. I'm actually thinking of going with a AXP90 cooler route, but I keep reading about noise and turbulence. I'll look into the inverted psu though or maybe even adding another exhaust fan.
CO does not reduce temps, just lets CPU boost higher/longer for the same power target.

I have -30 aswell but with a -150mhz offset for more stable clocks and less voltage spikes.
Negative CO actually dropped my temps between 5-8c believe it or not. I know the proper route is to do this per core but that's a lot of trial and error. I haven't played with voltages yet though, but I'll read up more on that subject.

PantherB

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
You're right. Had a 3070 in there before this and temps were manageable. I'm actually thinking of going with a AXP90 cooler route, but I keep reading about noise and turbulence. I'll look into the inverted psu though or maybe even adding another exhaust fan.

Negative CO actually dropped my temps between 5-8c believe it or not. I know the proper route is to do this per core but that's a lot of trial and error. I haven't played with voltages yet though, but I'll read up more on that subject.
I had the axp-90 for a short while, don't underestimate the turbulence noise, made me go for a blackridge again.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Kaiken The 5600x is more like an 95W chip that is hard to handle for the L9a. Just reduce the power by forcing it 65W and you will get nice temperatures.

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
I had the axp-90 for a short while, don't underestimate the turbulence noise, made me go for a blackridge again.
I may jump at a blackridge down the road but I wonder how much better of a cooler be compared to what I have...
@Kaiken The 5600x is more like an 95W chip that is hard to handle for the L9a. Just reduce the power by forcing it 65W and you will get nice temperatures.
I went ahead and capped my boost clocks to 4.2GHz and it now it stays in the lower 70s.

Ngeloms

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
I have a 5600x too and thanks to PBO2 I'm getting much better temperatures (about 70 when gaming and 80 when rendering something) at 4400MHz.
Here are my settings:

PBO Limits: Motherboard
Curve Optimizer: All Cores, Negative, 20
CPU Boost Clock Override: Negative, 250

HenrikM

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 11, 2022
Hello,

I just got a great Deal on a V1 with window kit. Now i was wondering if it is possible to mount fans in the top of the case?
Thos should be 92mm fans that are below 15mm. Do fans like this exist?

Thanks

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Hey all,

I'm greatly considering going to air cooling after having my asetec 92mm AIO for several years. I have the V2 A4 SFX. Reason being I'd like more room in my case below the PSU.

Is the black ridge cpu cooler still recommended for the a4 sfx? Temperatures from what I can tell will be very similar. I'll be using the the same 92mm Noctua from the liquid cooler for the Black Ridge so will audio levels be the same or will it be louder now that it's cooling the CPU instead of the radiator?

Last edited:

Odrhann

Efficiency Noob
Aug 22, 2022
I just bought a DAN A4 v4.1 off Caseking ; and will be building a R5 5600 + RTX 3060, with L9a and Noctua duct, and a SF600.
Will only a NF-A9 as exhaust under the PSU be enough to keep things in check? I've read that a NF-A9x14 under the MB is typically loud, I'd like to avoid it.

Reactions: nightshift

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I just bought a DAN A4 v4.1 off Caseking ; and will be building a R5 5600 + RTX 3060, with L9a and Noctua duct, and a SF600.
Will only a NF-A9 as exhaust under the PSU be enough to keep things in check? I've read that a NF-A9x14 under the MB is typically loud, I'd like to avoid it.
That sounds like a perfect selection of components. I would humbly recommend you the Asus b450-i Strix motherboard, it being the perfect choice for this particular case for it's usb-c front header port, all black color looking slick in either black or white version of the case and for the very convenient fan header placement. Both the cpu-; and the case fan headers are right between the cpu socket and the bottom of the case making it pretty much ideal.
As for the slim fan at the bottom, I found that if you route your riser cable on the gpu side between the plastic sheet and the metal middle plate, it does not need to go underneath the latter, thus allowing a much more sudden bend below the gpu. Take out the riser completely and bend it outside the case. This leaves you with A LOT more space at the bottom of the case to comfortably place that NF-A9x14 even with two of those rubber cornerpads in between the fan and the case - successfully elevating it to the point that elliminates the whining noise. A forgiving manual case fan curve setup in the bios can also be recommended.
Good luck and don't forget to post your build please!

Odrhann

Efficiency Noob
Aug 22, 2022
Thank you for your advice.
I won't be able to take photos, unfortunately. I don't have a camera, nor a smartphone. As motherboard, I have found a used a520itx by Asrock with everything I need really.
No bells and whistles, but enough. My build is simply a small, lite console. 1080p. I've just updated the bios with a used 3600 off Amazon, that I have to... send back.