DAN A4-SFX v4.1

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Sometimes after travelling around the card got a little loose and the fans were stopped by the side panel. So I took those Noctua Chromax Adapters and put them on the Fan shroud. Works very well.

Reactions: DarkCanuck

ponline

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 6, 2021
Hi everybody,

just finished with my new build... Hope you like it.

Dan A4SFX v4.1
Corsair SF750
ASRock Z590M-ITX
Intel i7 11700
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Samsung 860 evo 2TB
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Nvidia Geforce Rtx 3080 ti Founders Edition

BR
Ponline

Reactions: Frenzy

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Hi everybody,

BR
Ponline

Nice!
Didn't follow latest news, so 3080Ti FE is only 2 slots!
The CPU cooler must be the alpenfohn blackridge, it does look good.

Do tell us your temps. Not sure how hot a I7 11700 runs though.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Thanks, someone already warned me that the 14mm fan was better than the 25mm. I'll check. But to get better performance with 14mm I need the fan duct otherwise it will only recycle all the hot air inside.

I wanted black aesthetics for this build. I sold my other PC as is.

I got 14 mm with fan duct. Does a 25mm even fit normally? I thought I would've checked that. The 25mm is flush against the side panel, no (or minimal) recirculation?

Patience

Efficiency Noob
Jan 5, 2021
Hi everybody,

Dan A4SFX v4.1
Corsair SF750
ASRock Z590M-ITX
Intel i7 11700
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Samsung 860 evo 2TB
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Nvidia Geforce Rtx 3080 ti Founders Edition

BR
Ponline

Hi,

I'm also a bit curious regarding temperatures.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I dont care if it extends beyond the case in width
Given that the cooler and shroud extend nearly all the way to the rear I/O plate you'd likely need to either cut a notch in the case frame or in the cooler shroud in order to avoid them colliding.

Mirgus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 16, 2019
Hello fellow SFF enthusiasts. Since i love to optimize my PC in terms of cooling i played around with the fan setup of my GPU with the goal to reduce the CPU temps. While gaming my CPU often reached 85 °C + on hot days and the PC wasn’t as silent anymore. Since i‘ve got the V1, i don’t have any good fan mounting options in the case.

Inspired by another Reddit posts i swapped the original fans of my 5700XT Red Dragon and installed them in a „pull“ configuration to exhaust the hot air out of the case. Surely the GPU temps did rise, but the temperatures of the CPU and other hardware components significantly dropped 10 °C. The GPU temperature increased by about 5 °C which i didn’t mind, since my GPU never was getting very hot in the first place, since i lowered the gpu power to 160 watts. Overall i am very pleased with the results.

Also the case is now not getting hot at all since all hot air is now getting exhausted out of the case :)

I also tried this mod with the stock cooler fans and got similar results. The overall temps in the case were 7 °C lower while the gpu temperatures increased 5°C with 200 rpm higher fan speeds.

White Wolf

Chassis Packer
Sep 25, 2020
Hello fellow SFF enthusiasts. Since i love to optimize my PC in terms of cooling i played around with the fan setup of my GPU with the goal to reduce the CPU temps. While gaming my CPU often reached 85 °C + on hot days and the PC wasn’t as silent anymore. Since i‘ve got the V1, i don’t have any good fan mounting options in the case.

Inspired by another Reddit posts i swapped the original fans of my 5700XT Red Dragon and installed them in a „pull“ configuration to exhaust the hot air out of the case. Surely the GPU temps did rise, but the temperatures of the CPU and other hardware components significantly dropped 10 °C. The GPU temperature increased by about 5 °C which i didn’t mind, since my GPU never was getting very hot in the first place, since i lowered the gpu power to 160 watts. Overall i am very pleased with the results.

Also the case is now not getting hot at all since all hot air is now getting exhausted out of the case :)

I also tried this mod with the stock cooler fans and got similar results. The overall temps in the case were 7 °C lower while the gpu temperatures increased 5°C with 200 rpm higher fan speeds.

Looking good!

Was going to point out that you should have installed a 92mm fan underneath the riser cable. Would have helped a lot with your temps. Quite surprised that you are now using the GPU to blow hot air out of the case... I find it a tad bit weird.
Well, I guess we all got our own ways of solving problems :)

PS: I would have mounted the SSD on the front panel rather than the bottom – that way you could squeeze another 92mm fan in place of your current SSD

Mirgus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply :) Since i have the V1 case i can’t mount a fan where the SSDs are without modding the case. Also i‘ve tried an akasa 80x10.8 fan below the riser cable, but it didn’t change anything since the air vents of the V1 are to small to move air.

White Wolf

Chassis Packer
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for the reply :) Since i have the V1 case i can’t mount a fan where the SSDs are without modding the case. Also i‘ve tried an akasa 80x10.8 fan below the riser cable, but it didn’t change anything since the air vents of the V1 are to small to move air.
Ahh ok, makes sense. Did not see it was the V1... mea culpa

KZ7kiwi

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 18, 2021
Could this card

MSI RTX™ 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X 12G https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3080-Ti-VENTUS-3X-12G/Specification

fit in length in Dan A4 it says 305 mm and in dan a4 it says it can fit 306mm with bracket ?
I fitted the RTX 3080 version of this card, which I think has the same cooler, but it wasn't possible without modding the case. In the front of the case frame there is an existing 30mm wide rectangular opening which I extended to 30mm wide x 120mm deep. With the card deshrouded it's possible to squeeze it in - the end of the card sits in the hole. With some sculpting of the plastic shroud, a little at the PCIe slot end, and a bigger notch cut at the other end, it's possible to re-fit the stock shroud to it. But at that stage you're better off fitting 3x noctua A9's, I reckon.

wolf30

Chassis Packer
Aug 28, 2018
Hi all,

Is there anyone that can help me or assist in modifying a STL file for DAN A4 sfx Spacer clip?

I am trying to get a spacer for my dan a4 sfx v2 due to gpu shortage and could not really have an option and ended up getting used RTX3070 gaming OC for quite a decent price.

I have got the STL file for the spacer but it seems the clip can only fit 10mm spacer.

From this link below:

As I am trying to print 12 or 15mm spacer, how can I edit the clip and add 2mm or 5mm lenfght to the clip?
For reference:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
@nightshift ou have to attach it here:

For the love of god I'm not able to do it. It's like the screw is not long enough to go through all 3 layers of the small 6-shaped part, the case and the port panel. I can screw two together, even the 6-shaped part and the port, but not with the case panel in between.
The thing is, the hole on the 6-shaped part and the case is wide. One can put the screw all in and it falls out. Where it actually holds is the hole on the port. That I push against the other side of the panel and all holes align, and I can just turn the screw all I want, it just doesn't get a grip. I can secure the port without the 6-shaped part no problem but with it, I simply can't.

I kindly dare someone to please just unscrew the port completely and try putting it back on. Just to get a confirmed success so that I know that it's possible.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Mabye you use the wrong screw?
Mabye you unscrew it use this screw on motherboard or GPU and now use a motherboard und GPU screw on this zone?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Noctua NA FD1

Fan Ducts for every one :)