DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Misjn

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Assuming same delayed date goes for overclockers.co.uk then as well :(
Would've been nice to have it before end of year but hey.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I had a call with Caseking why they delayed it because the cases are ready since 1. Nov. They told me that they are getting many oversea containers for christmas and that there is not enough space on estate for the LianLi/DAN Cases container..

PHE

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 14, 2019
Due to the latest news about the stock situation, I emailed Caseking regarding my order.
They replied today morning the following:

"
thank you for your eMail. Unfortunately the manufacturer pushed forward the delivery date to the 17th of january. We can't split your order [...]. You are in the waiting list just like all other customers who preordered this case. We can change or cancel your order anytime if you don't want to wait any longer.
"

Looks like they explain it's because of the manufacturer instead.

Time to keep waiting until then... :)

• Sad
Reactions: rfarmer

Fr3ak

Case Bender
Nov 21, 2019
Hello, I am the PM for Dan Cases at Caseking. Full disclosure to end all conspiracies:

The process is straight forward:
- I order the products
- I get a rough estimate of when the goods are produced and ready to ship from Daniel
- I set said estimate + 6 weeks for shipping as estimated delivery date
- production ready date for the cases was 28th of October, hence the earlier shipping date
- it's Q4 and the craziest time for the year, at least in IT, container spaces are rare, take longer to book and overall workload is way over 9ooo at the moment
- I asked Daniel at the 4th of November when the cases will be ready since I didn't hear from him or Lian Li (where the cases are being produced)
- he told me they should be ready and I needed to ask Lian Li
- I asked Lian Li and our Taiwan office which handles the shipping logistics for Asian suppliers on the same day but didn't get a response until the 14th of November that the cases are ready to be shipped
- our Taiwan Office tried to book a container, but the ETA was very close to Chrismas, which are public holidays in Germany and storage fees at the harbor are horrendous, thus the container needed to be delayed to arrive as early after the holidays as possible

I know it sucks and I am way from pleased for them not arriving in Q4 this year either, but there is literally nothing I can do to change it or could have done to get them earlier, other than give you my apologies for the delay. What sounds easy in theory, is often a bit more complex in reality. The transition from v4 to v4.1 also didn't help to with an earlier re-stock, but the upgrade should be worth the wait. Our capacities to de-load containers between Xmas and New Year are limited to a certain amount of containers and these were already previously booked. We are getting more than one container from Lian Li and Lian Li is handled by a different PM, meaning he sets his dates independently from me. To be fair to our service, they don't know all the details for every single shipment, all they see is the date was changed, which is usually because the goods from the manufacturer are not ready when they were supposed to or have delayed shipping because there are no open spaces from the forwarder.

Edit: the current date already has more security margin that it will most likely end up having, ETA at port Hamburg is the 10th of January and it usually takes 4-5 working days to arrive in Berlin.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
"
thank you for your eMail. Unfortunately the manufacturer pushed forward the delivery date to the 17th of january. We can't split your order [...]. You are in the waiting list just like all other customers who preordered this case. We can change or cancel your order anytime if you don't want to wait any longer.
"

Looks like they explain it's because of the manufacturer instead.
It is as I or Fr3ak said the Caseking support employee can't know about every detail, so you got an default answer what the person saw in the management system.

@Fr3ak: Thank you very much for the detail explanation.

Reactions: PHE

Misjn

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
@Fr3ak would you happen to know if the delay effects overclockers.co.uk also? Same parent company, same container to Europe? Or do they order the cases entirely separately from caseking?

Assuming same delayed date goes for overclockers.co.uk then as well :(
Would've been nice to have it before end of year but hey.

Last edited:

aga98

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
I have a Dan A4 SFX V3 Black Case, an Asetek 645LT and (X2) Asetek 545LC AIO's and an SF600 Power Supply with black pslate custom cables I would like to sell. Asking 500 for everything, contact me via email austinalford98@gmail.com
Thanks

Teduh

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2019
For those of us in North America that missed out of the 4.1 buy, when's the next one looking to be? SFFLab looks like it's undergoing changes right now.

Fr3ak

Case Bender
Nov 21, 2019
@Fr3ak would you happen to know if the delay effects overclockers.co.uk also? Same parent company, same container to Europe? Or do they order the cases entirely separately from caseking?
In this case, they get their stock from us, which takes about a week to arrive in UK

Reactions: Misjn

kyeb

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 23, 2019
kyeburchard.com
Hi!

Has anyone gotten the front USB C port in the v4.1 working with a motherboard that doesn't have USB key-A? I just finished up my build with the Gigabyte x570 I Aorus Pro WiFi, which unfortunately only has the old 20-pin USB 3.0 header.

I found a couple versions of essentially this converter, but it looks to me like the female end of the key-A sticks straight into my power supply, making it impossible to use these.

Any suggestions? I've looked around for other adapter form factors that might fit, but haven't found anything yet.

fullnet85

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Hi!

Has anyone gotten the front USB C port in the v4.1 working with a motherboard that doesn't have USB key-A? I just finished up my build with the Gigabyte x570 I Aorus Pro WiFi, which unfortunately only has the old 20-pin USB 3.0 header.

I found a couple versions of essentially this converter, but it looks to me like the female end of the key-A sticks straight into my power supply, making it impossible to use these.

Any suggestions? I've looked around for other adapter form factors that might fit, but haven't found anything yet.
From what I and others have found that the only solution so far to to use that converter you mentioned plus an internal usb 3.0 extension cable. Check out the faq on the Dan case site and look under for first tutorial to see what I’m meaning

Last edited: