DAN A4-SFX v4.1

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I'll get that same PSU but I intend to split the ribbon format and put the cables from the same line all them together with zipties. I belive that is easier to curve and hide round amount of cables that ribbon formated ones.
What do you think about that?
Also you haven't yet used the second fan slot, right under the PSU wich, added to your compact GPU would allow a good amount of vertical airflow.

KoolAid

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 3, 2019
I will get a custom cable and try to fix the wiring under the psu. Right now im hiding the front usb, power switch wire and the ssd cable underneath the hard disk cage. But i will add a fan over there or get the aio cooler by asetek to be able to get a headroom for overclocking. I have not check the thermals yet. For now Im using the cryorig c7 heatsink with noctua fans.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@KoolAid here’s my attempt at custom cabling. Took me 10 hours over 2 days to finish just this one harness (and it could still use some improvement). But at least it’s working perfectly at the moment!

Now I’m debating whether or not to use a smaller gauge wire for the 8-pin CPU and PCIe. This would probably be good since there is limited space by the ram, lower fan and CPU duct... I’ll play around with routing and wire sizes tonight. The good thing is that it won’t be as tough as the mobo harness!!!

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
I still have the DAN A4 v1 and thinking about just ordering the 120mm AiO kit. Is it possible to just drill the four holes and install the AiO bracket? Or are there any other changes to fit a 120mm Aio?

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Looks like my case already made it to Los Angeles. Hopefully I get it soon!

FYI I ordered from sfflabs with the cheapest shipping.

Edit: Looks like my case is out for delivery today! Does anyone know if someone needs to be there to sign for it?

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
@KoolAid here’s my attempt at custom cabling. Took me 10 hours over 2 days to finish just this one harness (and it could still use some improvement). But at least it’s working perfectly at the moment!

Now I’m debating whether or not to use a smaller gauge wire for the 8-pin CPU and PCIe. This would probably be good since there is limited space by the ram, lower fan and CPU duct... I’ll play around with routing and wire sizes tonight. The good thing is that it won’t be as tough as the mobo harness!!!

I must say: you do had a good job with that wiring. It look very professional and clean. Have you get some kit like the cheap ones on AliExpress or something?

xprometheusx

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2019
Looks like my case already made it to Los Angeles. Hopefully I get it soon!

FYI I ordered from sfflabs with the cheapest shipping.

Edit: Looks like my case is out for delivery today! Does anyone know if someone needs to be there to sign for it?

Hi Hanakuso,

Are you from Los Angeles? Just curious as my case also cleared customs already, but doesn't have an ETA to make its way to NYC.

Thanks

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Hi Hanakuso,

Are you from Los Angeles? Just curious as my case also cleared customs already, but doesn't have an ETA to make its way to NYC.

Thanks
Yes I live in the LA area. Looks like the case went through customs really fast.

I'm checking on the USPS website with the same tracking number provided from SFF Labs.

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Hi Hanakuso,

Thanks
I ordered on April 7th, Got the case here in Florida Today. So I would expect if it cleared customs already it's probably either Today or Tomorrow ETA.

xprometheusx

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2019
I ordered on April 7th, Got the case here in Florida Today. So I would expect if it cleared customs already it's probably either Today or Tomorrow ETA.

Holy cow that is fast. Thanks for everyone responding. Fingers crossed I can get it sooner rather than later.

Pillepalle

Case Bender
May 10, 2019
Still waiting for Caseking.de to list the V4, unfortunately.
In the meantime I'm trying to decide on a cooler for the i5 9600k that I'm planning on using.
Does the L9i with a 25mm thick fan (instead of the 14mm that comes with it) fit into the A4? It should be exactly 48mm in height total. If it fits, would it be flush with the side panel and thus maybe make a fan duct unnecessary? And do you fit the fan as an exhaust or so that it pulls in cool air from the outside?
Do yout think the L9i will be fine for a 9600k? I'd actually prefer the LP53 but it seems to be out of stock.

Originally I was going to go with the Alpenföhn Black Ridge with 120mm fan (and maybe i7 9700k) and VLP RAM, but there's only 2666Mhz VLP RAM available, and for many games the difference between 2666Mhz and 3200 Mhz RAM seems to be suprisingly significant (almost as large as that between 9600k and 9700k). So for gaming a 9700k with VLP RAM wouldn't really be faster than a 9600k with fast RAM, albeit being much more expensive.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Still waiting for Caseking.de to list the V4, unfortunately.
In the meantime I'm trying to decide on a cooler for the i5 9600k that I'm planning on using.
Does the L9i with a 25mm thick fan (instead of the 14mm that comes with it) fit into the A4? It should be exactly 48mm in height total. If it fits, would it be flush with the side panel and thus maybe make a fan duct unnecessary? And do you fit the fan as an exhaust or so that it pulls in cool air from the outside?
Do yout think the L9i will be fine for a 9600k? I'd actually prefer the LP53 but it seems to be out of stock.

Originally I was going to go with the Alpenföhn Black Ridge with 120mm fan (and maybe i7 9700k) and VLP RAM, but there's only 2666Mhz VLP RAM available, and for many games the difference between 2666Mhz and 3200 Mhz RAM seems to be suprisingly significant (almost as large as that between 9600k and 9700k). So for gaming a 9700k with VLP RAM wouldn't really be faster than a 9600k with fast RAM, albeit being much more expensive.
Hi! I had exactly the same questions as you. I picked a 9600K too and was also expecting to get the LP53, but sadly it was out of stock too. So I went with the Black Ridge (V2 confirmed) and I must say it looks and feels very good. I can provide you with detailed photos if you want. About your concern with the 25mm fan on the L9, you can check this site (in spanish): 25mm fan on L9 wich has plenty of photos and even a chart comparing coolers that I hope it will be useful to you.

KoolAid

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 3, 2019

Nice. I might take the advantage of 20% discount gotten from asus mobo to buy custom cables at cablemod.

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Just picked up my V4 at the post office and threw in my components. Still waiting on new cables and i'll go with the Noctua NH-L9i and a duct or the 645LT.

I can confirm a slim 15mm fan will fit under the motherboard.

Reactions: Nanook

glow

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2019
I finallly printed the fan duct and installed it into my L9i setup. Needed a few small washers to use the stock 25mm-sized screws Nocuta provided (probably ~28mm long, but I didn't measure them before installing).

Thanks @dondan for all of the work you have done for the community so far!

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Hey guys,

Looking at replacing my 1080ti FE with a 2080ti. Tossing up between the Gigabyte Windforce OC, Inno3d X3 and the Galax 1 click OC.

My preference is the Galax as feedback seems to be a bit better with cooling. I'm a little concerned about height - what do you guys think?

http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/20-series/galax-geforce-rtx-2080ti-oc-white.html
According to the dimensions listed, it should fit. Also try to undervolt as much as possible. OptimumTech did an Ncase M1 2080Ti FE build and undervolting made the card much cooler and quieter. Also maintained clock speed steady.