Funding CustomMOD Nano 1.6L (based on Asrock DeskMini GTX)

Choose best style of venting holes - https://imgur.com/a/3rpoc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

humand

Cable Smoosher
Apr 20, 2017
I also prefer 1. as to my eyes I think it goes better with the overall case/design. 5 is nice too but the vents look a little too big.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Aww I was super excited about the titanium. Hopefully your capabilities will expand to that in the future

Reactions: AleksandarK

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Maybe I'm just not considering something, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aluminum's density is between 2.7 and 2.85 g/cc depending on alloy, compared to titanium's 4.4 to 4.9 g/cc. Are there a bunch of brackets or something to accommodate the inability to bend the titanium that account for nearly a 3x increase in weight?

Reactions: Biowarejak

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Maybe I'm just not considering something, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aluminum's density is between 2.7 and 2.85 g/cc depending on alloy, compared to titanium's 4.4 to 4.9 g/cc. Are there a bunch of brackets or something to accommodate the inability to bend the titanium that account for nearly a 3x increase in weight?
Yes, because we can't bend titanium. In fact, we'll take the aluminum case and put titanium panels on it :)

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
The new style of venting holes. I like Overwatch :)

Top panel

Bottom panel

Last edited:

humand

Cable Smoosher
Apr 20, 2017
Were any of you guys successful with purchasing the motherboard? I'm having trouble with being able to purchase the motherboard for personal use, I'm being directed to newegg to purchase the whole barebone system coupled with a GTX 1060. I am not interested in the GTX 1060, as I intend to couple it with the GTX 1080. Any of you guys ran into the same issue?

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Were any of you guys successful with purchasing the motherboard? I'm having trouble with being able to purchase the motherboard for personal use, I'm being directed to newegg to purchase the whole barebone system coupled with a GTX 1060. I am not interested in the GTX 1060, as I intend to couple it with the GTX 1080. Any of you guys ran into the same issue?
Not available yet. Soon^TM

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016

To the best of my knowledge, they have only been selling boards to product developers and not for personal use. @sergiiua and I are the only two in our community with a board last I checked.

Reactions: AleksandarK