Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
Hi Guys,
I got my Velka 5 and my components list:
MSI B450i
RTX 2070 SUPER
TRIDENT Z NEO
SF750

The issue is I am using a Noctua L9a cooler, which is very quiet. However, it seems too weak for Ryzen 5 3600.
I have downvolted the 3600 to 1.175v@3.9 but the FPU test still goes up to 84 degrees.
Also, I have tried the Cryorig c7 Cu Graphite (as shown in pictures), the result is not good either and it is much louder.
Is there any good alternative? or any settings to make it better?
(BTW, I have removed those lights. It looks much cleaner now LOL)
Thanks!

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
The c7g should come with retention fan clips. Just the fan from your l9 on your c7. It won't improve temps, but it will dramatically reduce noise level!

Aside from c7g and l9i/a you only really have the blackridge and the Thermalright axp90 (full copper) as far as compatibly goes, I'm not sure for that Mobo. You may have to do a little Google searching to see if you can find results.

The best cooling solution would be VLP ram, 120mm slim fan under the fin stack of a black ridge.

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
The c7g should come with retention fan clips. Just the fan from your l9 on your c7. It won't improve temps, but it will dramatically reduce noise level!

Aside from c7g and l9i/a you only really have the blackridge and the Thermalright axp90 (full copper) as far as compatibly goes, I'm not sure for that Mobo. You may have to do a little Google searching to see if you can find results.

The best cooling solution would be VLP ram, 120mm slim fan under the fin stack of a black ridge.
Thank you. I will try the 12cm fan on l9a first and if that is not working, I will probably get a copper axp90 with Noctua fan.

nicb6

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2018
The best cooling option without too much noise would probably be an Alpenföhn Black Ridge + 120x120x15mm fan in PULL orientation + VLP RAM.
The only drawback is the need for VLP RAM.