Log Velka 3 CPU Cooler

CeleryGod

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I run my Velka 3 with the motherboard side panel off (picture here). On my current setup, that side of the computer isn't visible. I'm running a 5600X3D and a Noctua L9a...which does ok job, but I limit the power to cut down on fan noise most of the time.

Can anyone recommend a larger/quieter cooler that would still fit in this case (without the side panel on)? Thanks so much!

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
Without the side panel on you essentially have unlimited cooler height, so you could run any cooler you want.

Reactions: CeleryGod

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
In theory yes, you can mount any cooler you want. But considering the spot on your desk that the case is in, I would still stick with a top-blow cooler, because a proper tower would stick out so far that you need to move the case further away from the wall. (and personally I think it would look weird with a tower cooler as well).

To run your CPU without any power restrictions, I think either the Noctua L12S or Scythe Big Shuriken 3 would be the best choices. Personally I would go for the Scythe because it's black and will look a bit better (but that's just taste).

Reactions: CeleryGod