CPU Cooler Low Form Factor

acer

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 28, 2020
Hi I'm currently building a project itx PC, I'm wanting a goods CPU cooler with decent temps and reduced fan noise although I would accept a bit more noise if the performance a good chunk better?

Currently thinking of going with a Noctua NH-L9i, I have around 400mm-500mm head room to play with.

Any suggestions?

rook

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2018
LP-53 with are replacement fan is what I recommend. Fan could be something from Noctua or for a bit less, you could use this which is works fine for me. You are limited in most builds to having the fins perpendicular to the ram so that's not appealing to all. I own the Cryorig C7 CU as well, and while it can be mounted parallel to the ram, it's larger and doesn't cool as well.

Edit: What CPU are you looking at? If it's TDP is below 65W, you could really use any of the above.

Reactions: acer

acer

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 28, 2020
LP-53 with are replacement fan is what I recommend. Fan could be something from Noctua or for a bit less, you could use this which is works fine for me. You are limited in most builds to having the fins perpendicular to the ram so that's not appealing to all. I own the Cryorig C7 CU as well, and while it can be mounted parallel to the ram, it's larger and doesn't cool as well.

Edit: What CPU are you looking at? If it's TDP is below 65W, you could really use any of the above.

Thanks I will have to measure up and take a look!