Many thanks to CORSAIR for supplying SFF Network with this review sample.
CORSAIR’s ‘small’ case lineup has always been on the larger side (albeit ignoring the fantastic ONE prebuilt) – befitting the RGB-laden, bigger is better mindset of the average gamer of today. Larger GPUs, hotter CPUs, hotter SSDs, and more are plaguing our market, unfortunately making it harder for us in the SFF world to keep up in the performance stakes. Do we need a larger “SFF” chassis for these new high end components? CORSAIR thinks that we do.
With the 2000D Airflow, CORSAIR has decided to dip their toes into the smaller end of their market, with this 24.8L chassis targeting the upper end of the Small Form Factor world. Wait.. wasn’t 20L the SFF limit? I’ll explain more as we review the 2000D Airflow.
The CORSAIR 2000D Airflow is available in four variants – two in white, two in black. Each colour has a “RGB” variant, which includes 3x 120mm RGB CORSAIR fans, a fan controller and a RGB lighting...

Continue reading...

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Well written review!

If Corsair can further reduce the case size (say, from front 3x120 to front 2x120/140), then I might be interested. I do not mind the no-window look. In fact, I would like to see more SFF cases (in the category of Ncase M1EVO, Dan C4-SFX, COOJ Z13...etc) to have a 'functional' front panel instead of just a solid slab-face. Some might prefer a 'minimalist' look but I would like to see a case utilizing every corner and surface for a function. Having a perforated front panel could be interesting, especially when GPUs (and CPUs) are getting hotter in each successive generation and they have to go into a smaller environment, which should really keep stepping up the air flow capability.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Well written review!

If Corsair can further reduce the case size (say, from front 3x120 to front 2x120/140), then I might be interested. I do not mind the no-window look. In fact, I would like to see more SFF cases (in the category of Ncase M1EVO, Dan C4-SFX, COOJ Z13...etc) to have a 'functional' front panel instead of just a solid slab-face. Some might prefer a 'minimalist' look but I would like to see a case utilizing every corner and surface for a function. Having a perforated front panel could be interesting, especially when GPUs (and CPUs) are getting hotter in each successive generation and they have to go into a smaller environment, which should really keep stepping up the air flow capability.
Thanks!

Not sure how much CORSAIR can reduce the size of this layout, with the PSU already close enough to the motherboard to cause issues in cable routing. Its possible that it could be relocated, but that risks the closed loop cooler compatibility since the only other place it can really be is limiting the CPU cooler height.

I do agree that more mesh cases and functional panels would be a good thing in the market though!

Reactions: tinyitx

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Great review. I actually like this size. Corsair has taken the ridiculous cooling requirements of CPUs like the 13900K and GPUs like the RTX 4090, and managed to package them in a case that while tall, doesn't actually take up much space. They've done so without the heat issues of the Louqe Raw S1, and without the cabling and cooling issues of the Meshlicious. Additionally, there is no PCIe riser cable which I consider a major boost. I'm not a giant fan of the PSU placement as I would want it shifted downward to allow for a top exhaust.

That said, I have to give compliments to corsair for the looks of the case. This is a very, very nice looking PC. No gamer ridiculousness, and you can always remove the LED fans. I think the yellow USB ports look a bit different, but not bad. Certainly better than blue or red.

I run fast and loose with the "rules" of SFF, but I really see this as a fantastic gateway into the SFF world, or a way for those of us that need 360mm rad cooling to be able to stay in the SFF landscape.