confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Recently, we looked at Noctua's NH-L12, one of the more premium downdraft style CPU coolers. The NH-L12 does have a larger cousin though - the NH-C14S, a behemoth downdraft cooler designed for high wattage or quiet systems. Featuring support for 140mm fans, this cooler should offer substantial cooling performance, albeit with a significant size increase. Of course, sometimes sacrifices must be made, and in this review, we will see if it is really worth it to go bigger.

Read more here.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I'm using its older brother, namely NH-C14, since a few years now and I am more than happy with it. The old version, version is a tad lower too, with 105mm in top fan less configuration (versus 115mm for the NH-C14S), which I am using for case compatibility (with fan blowing upward, through the fins, towards the CPU exhaust vents).

This is a very versatile cooler, but big footprint that almost obstruct the first expansion slot on my mATX motherboard.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Beastly, chunky cooler from Noctua, performing as it should. I'd love one for a future project, I was very satisfied with the NH-L12 although I could have used more performance which this one will provide.

yardsail

Case Bender
Nov 23, 2016
Notice that the cooler is left/right asymmetrical. It looks like there would be more clearance for the expansion slot if it was rotated 180 deg. so that the heat pipes are on the IO side instead of the DIMM side. I believe that is one of the changes that was made from the C14 to the 14S models to improve expansion slot clearance.

Reactions: confusis