Cooling Cooling options for PT13 case (<27mm)

Which small CPU cooler (<30mm), makes the least ugly noise for a 65W CPU?

• Thermolab ITX30

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Thermaltake Engine 27

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silverstone AR04

• Silverstone NT07-115X

• Akasa AK-CC7129BP01

• Gelid Slim Silence i-Plus

• Other

• Total voters

keylimesoda

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I'm looking to drop an i5-7600 (65W) into a Silverstone PT13 (thin mini-itx).

I've found a handful of coolers in this range, but reviews are hard to come by.
  • Thermolab ITX30
  • Thermaltake Engine 27
  • Silverstone AR04
  • Silverstone NT07-115X
  • Akasa AK-CC7129BP01

I'm going to be using the box for video editing and some audio work, so staying quiet is valuable, but I'm also okay with higher measure dB if the acoustic profile isn't unpleasant.

I'm leaning toward the Gelid (for the massive heatsink) or the AR04 (since it appears to be designed for this case). The Engine 27 is also a clever new design, but reviews are mixed.

Anyone have any experience with any of these (or other) cooling solutions with this box? Is it possible to cool this much CPU in this little space without making lots of ugly noise?

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
I tried an ITX30 in my S4 with an i7 3770K didn't work as well as reviews I had seen but if you want to try it and you're in the US, and if I have all the parts still it's yours. PM me.

I'm looking to drop an i5-7600 (65W) into a Silverstone PT13 (thin mini-itx).

I've found a handful of coolers in this range, but reviews are hard to come by.
  • Thermolab ITX30
  • Thermaltake Engine 27
  • Silverstone AR04
  • Silverstone NT07-115X
  • Akasa AK-CC7129BP01

I'm going to be using the box for video editing and some audio work, so staying quiet is valuable, but I'm also okay with higher measure dB if the acoustic profile isn't unpleasant.

I'm leaning toward the Gelid (for the massive heatsink) or the AR04 (since it appears to be designed for this case). The Engine 27 is also a clever new design, but reviews are mixed.

Anyone have any experience with any of these (or other) cooling solutions with this box? Is it possible to cool this much CPU in this little space without making lots of ugly noise?