Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
i mean this screw from the front/back panel?

sorry if you have time just put the correct picks from the screws in the mother too

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I SO NEED y’all to do a Carmine red side panels and black top for the Conswole to accompany my Cerberus X!!! I really dig the looks and am subscribed.

Reactions: Talyrius

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Nice! I'm loving my SM580 but have been looking at various other SFF cases to house some of my leftover components from my old PC. One thought was to go for a console style case and something like the Console seems perfect for my old 1070. Can't wait to see some pictures!

My only extra request might be the option for custom powder coating like the Cerberus and SM series, but that's just cause I was thinking of doing that if I ended up getting a SM550 or Cerberus X as my next case for my old parts instead.

Sparkles

Trash Compacter
Jul 24, 2018
I love the console-style form factor and had the first build to jump on the S401 bandwagon. I'm always looking to go smaller with different options and this looks pretty neat, especially with being able to flip the power button around. I usually mod all my cases with a 24mm (~32mm deep for the pins) arcade button as a power switch so that looks like it would work here. I'm constantly going to LANs and friends so would a removable handle be an option with this case?

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Very much interested and started following! I think the one feature that is quite difficult to go without, is the front I/O USB ports. How much more would it add to the total price if you were to go this route? Looking forward to your work!

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
a premium version screwless in front/back panel is it posibble?

i mean, only that feat, make a lot of difference (at least to me) but i didnt see a case with this style with that feat, I think it doesn't even exist

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
a premium version screwless in front/back panel is it posibble?

i mean, only that feat, make a lot of difference (at least to me) but i didnt see a case with this style with that feat, I think it doesn't even exist
S402 will have a screw-less front.

Drifting Soul

Case Bender
Feb 18, 2019
Would it be possible to to make the sides fully vented, or would that increase the cost of these products too much?

If 60/80mm fan support for the top and bottom of the Conswole could be accommodated, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
Very interesting both (or - all three...?). Resounding 'Yes' on the feet please. Also - any possibility of a handle?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Those are the ones that can be taken out with the hands?

They require a hex wrench, you might be thinking of thumb screws?

Here's an Amazon listing for the type of screw head I am thinking of using:
Like @KSliger said, but also:
  1. front I/O
  2. 60mm fans on the top and bottom.
  3. 3 or 4(forgot how many fit), 2.5" drive support behind the gpu.
  4. Clean screw-less front.

1. Adding the front panel IO requires we cover both USB C connectors, this would also boost price ~$15.

2. Most likely will add 60mm fan support, but going to see how cooling works out first. Might add additional venting.

3. SSD brackets might be an optional add on, most people are M.2 these days and >75% of the SM builds I see have no SSDs. We sell very few 2.5" SSD brackets for all our cases. Skeptical to include it.

4. Going to no screw on the front panel adds $5~$8 a piece.

If you push the console one the 55mm you could take advantage of id-cooling is-60 CPU cooler which would help with higher end cpus. :)

I was thinking about bumping it up to 55m, or shrinking the CONSOLE down to only be 48mm tall coolers, and adding the 60mm fan support.

Nice! I'm loving my SM580 but have been looking at various other SFF cases to house some of my leftover components from my old PC. One thought was to go for a console style case and something like the Console seems perfect for my old 1070. Can't wait to see some pictures!

My only extra request might be the option for custom powder coating like the Cerberus and SM series, but that's just cause I was thinking of doing that if I ended up getting a SM550 or Cerberus X as my next case for my old parts instead.

I SO NEED y’all to do a Carmine red side panels and black top for the Conswole to accompany my Cerberus X!!! I really dig the looks and am subscribed.

100% will do custom colors and limited quantity colors (White, Red, Matte Green, Blue, Pink, etc.) in future, but will not be doing the standard white/grey/black as we do on all our other cases.

I love the console-style form factor and had the first build to jump on the S401 bandwagon. I'm always looking to go smaller with different options and this looks pretty neat, especially with being able to flip the power button around. I usually mod all my cases with a 24mm (~32mm deep for the pins) arcade button as a power switch so that looks like it would work here. I'm constantly going to LANs and friends so would a removable handle be an option with this case?

Very much interested and started following! I think the one feature that is quite difficult to go without, is the front I/O USB ports. How much more would it add to the total price if you were to go this route? Looking forward to your work!

Very interesting both (or - all three...?). Resounding 'Yes' on the feet please. Also - any possibility of a handle?

Sounds like I need to do a vote on handle and FPIO support.

FPIO adds ~$15 so we'd be pushing that $150 target.

Handle support adds ~$.50 (no including handle) and requires a change to the vent pattern.

Other consideration is I do not want to eat my own 550 / 560 case with a cheaper and possibly better offering.

Just do everything to make it cheap as possible.

Well I dunno about as cheap as possible, but aiming for that sub $150 mark for sure.

Would it be possible to to make the sides fully vented, or would that increase the cost of these products too much?

If 60/80mm fan support for the top and bottom of the Conswole could be accommodated, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Adding more venting is certainly something I am open to, right now it's calculated to cool a 400W ~ 450W load, will test and see if it works as well as I hope.

Swole will have 2x 80mm fan support, the Sole & Smole probably will add two 60mm fan mounts.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
I think keeping base case prices down makes a lot of sense, handles and other items offer as extras. Cases this size and form factor are backpackable/baggable (is that a word?) and I doubt many people would "need" a handle, though I think plenty would like the option. Would be nice to see how that polls. $0.50 for the support does seem worth it to me.

Last edited:

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
They require a hex wrench, you might be thinking of thumb screws?

Here's an Amazon listing for the type of screw head I am thinking of using:
those screws also need a hex wrench and is a pain in the ass :(
can you use others? i just want to use a screwdriver.

for this i want to hear the oppinion of the other too

btw, a sfx-l psu will be looking at the gpu or the mother? (the conectors i mean)

Last edited:

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
I think keeping base case prices down makes a lot of sense, handles and other items offer as extras. Cases this size and form factor are backpackable/baggable (is that a word?) and I doubt many people would "need" a handle, though I think plenty would like the option. Would be nice to see how that polls. $0.50 for the support does seem worth it to me.

Wholeheartedly concur. I guess I was asking for the OPTION of a handle, but I do agree that it's not a factor for many and should not be forced on those customers. Seems dang cheap to add in support for it anyhow, so I'd say - why not, really?

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Sounds like I need to do a vote on handle and FPIO support.

FPIO adds ~$15 so we'd be pushing that $150 target.

Handle support adds ~$.50 (no including handle) and requires a change to the vent pattern.

I agree with others that extras should be sold separately (include SDD/HDD mounts please! I definitely would need at least one or two, personally). However, core functionality such as front panel I/O USB should be included because $15 wouldn't break the bank, one. Two, it can not be purchased separately. If you are so inclined, a voting system could also suffice.