confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Soooooooooo. Computex 2018 is 3 weeks away, who's excited? With a team on the floor this year, we'll be covering the best SFF we can find, and maybe some exploring too!

The important question though is - what are you expecting to be launched at Computex 2018?

My personal predictions (not mentioning any stuff I'm under NDA for though, of course!):

-Noctua will tease us again with more slim fans, and possibly Sterrox on the 92mm fan line
-More RGB, ATX and G4M3R-crap
-A name brand will dive into SFF and fail at it
-AMD, NVIDIA and Intel will launch nothing of note (but the press conferences will be cringe worthy as usual)
-SFF Network will out do themselves with the sheer quantity of caliper photos

What are your predictions?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I predict there will be good food at the Night Markets around town. I also predict that it will be hot and humid.

Lastly, I predict there will be twice as much mining related stuff as last year :(

I was just wondering about 92mm sterrox, if it's great for radiators then it may increase the L9i performance a bit.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Serious prediction:
AMD will show working engineering samples of some 7nm component. Probably GPU.

Joking prediction:
Razer will announce a new keyboard and mouse combo that has so much "stealth" technology in it, the user and computer system becomes undetectable, claiming to able to avoid the "too much video gaming" stigma of the Chinese government. The design will be marred by fully customizable RGB LEDs which cannot be turned off, defeating the intended use case. Apparently, marketing will have insisted on including the RGB.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Soooooooooo. Computex 2018 is 3 weeks away, who's excited? With a team on the floor this year, we'll be covering the best SFF we can find, and maybe some exploring too!

The important question though is - what are you expecting to be launched at Computex 2018?

My personal predictions (not mentioning any stuff I'm under NDA for though, of course!):

-Noctua will tease us again with more slim fans, and possibly Sterrox on the 92mm fan line
-More RGB, ATX and G4M3R-crap
-A name brand will dive into SFF and fail at it
-AMD, NVIDIA and Intel will launch nothing of note (but the press conferences will be cringe worthy as usual)
-SFF Network will out do themselves with the sheer quantity of caliper photos

What are your predictions?
Basically my thoughts, but with the hope of AM4 stx.

Reactions: confusis

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
More rgb led on every red and black "gaming" sh*t".

Hope to see end-user friendly flex atx psu. (modular and pci-e cables)

More options for 1U active cpu cooler.

More options for under 50mm cpu cooler. (maybe release of Dan's cooler)

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I would really love to see SFF peripherals. OK, maybe not as SFF as the 1-key keyboard.

Maybe a really small portable combo sheet-fed scanner and printer with modular detachable feeder - for even better portability (it could copy and fax too, since those should be obvious and relatively straightforward extensions of scanning and printing). Bonus for accepting 11" wide paper (I do a lot of work on 11x17).

Portable good-quality monitors, too. Where are you rollable / foldable thin screens?!

FullForceRainbow

Trash Compacter
May 12, 2016
I’m really hoping for some more eGPU products... preferably some lower priced options! The dream would be somebody selling a Thunderbolt to PCIe adapter so I could build my own, but I doubt that’s going to happen :\. Because of the latest update to MacOS, I’m hoping to get the most SFF eGPU box possible to go with my MacBook :)

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
My prediction is like you said @confusis , more gamer rgb products.

I'm hoping we'll see more products aimed at the SFF market, better case layouts/designs with less wasted space.

Petano

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2017
Hope: Good portable monitor so we don't have to rely on Chinese let's say proof of concepts. PC powered VR without cables
Reality: I don't expect anything special beyond standard slight evolution.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I believe Nvidia is due to announce some upcoming products for a summer release :) !

I’d also like to hear some more about upcoming monitors.

Reactions: Biowarejak

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
As others have mentioned I like to see more high end portable monitors like the Asus ArtPro. I’d like to see monitors like the Nvidia BFGD (G-Sync, 120Hz, 4K) but at 40-42” instead of 65”. I’d also like to see USB-C added to more GPUs and monitors.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I am looking forward to what SFFLabs and Chimera are up to. I am hoping for an announcement from Nvidia on upcoming video cards but I think it might be too early for them.

I have no doubt about the additional RGB components. Probably PSUs, about the only thing they haven't put RGB on yet.

nick_w

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2017
I hope to see some smaller 500w psus maybe tfx or flex?
I have no doubt about the additional RGB components. Probably PSUs, about the only thing they haven't put RGB on yet.