SFF.Network Silverstone at Computex 2018

Our thanks to SilverStone for sponsoring SFF Network’s on-the-ground coverage of Computex 2018!

Silverstone, the ever present producers of SFF wares, is celebrating their 15th birthday this year. With new, updated and well designed products on display at Computex, what a way to celebrate. From a new Sugo, to new USB devices, new power supplies, all the way to server hardware and hotswap bays.

Let's see what the birthday kid has to show!

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I liked the new Sugo’s front design but... why the heck you increased its size to double??

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
looking forward to new sfx psus, but I don't need 700w.
so the matx sugo cases turned into mitx cases without decreasing in size?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Wow Silverstone absolutely CRUSHED with these new products. Very, very impressed - especially with all the accessories.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I... might actually need the smaller SX 700W brick now O_O
been procrastiworking on the layout vector slides for the cerberus build video, and found out I might be able to do a nonstandard 280mm radiator mounting at the side hinge, only if I had the SFX PSU mounted at the bottom half mounted by the fans

crap, my next hardware upgrade is going to be expensive ,_,

ModernPops

Case Bender
Jun 25, 2018
Is there anymore pictures on the SG14? Or more information about the case? It's been what I've looking for in an PC case. Optimal air flow for small core components.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Do some of those PSU's have a second CPU connector?
are you referring to that 4 pin connector above the 24 pin motherboard header? for the 650G it's a sense plug (i.e. doesn't supply power), so I'd think it would be the same on the new unit? o_o

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Our thanks to SilverStone for sponsoring SFF Network’s on-the-ground coverage of Computex 2018!

Silverstone, the ever present producers of SFF wares, is celebrating their 15th birthday this year. With new, updated and well designed products on display at Computex, what a way to celebrate. From a new Sugo, to new USB devices, new power supplies, all the way to server hardware and hotswap bays.

Let's see what the birthday kid has to show!
Lovin' all of the server/storage items, now you can cobble together a whole server room from almost all Silverstone products :) So many NVMe options as well :)

Love the LD02's design, but am concerned about airflow. The demo GPU is a liquid cooled Fury, but what about something like a MSi Aero ITX, with only one fan and a small heatsink?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@el01 Silverstone has a whole rackmount range too - Not SFF by definition, but I still drooled over it at the event (I'm a server geek at heart)!

The cooling in the LD02 seemed ok, just too big :/ 25-26 litres :/

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
@el01 Silverstone has a whole rackmount range too - Not SFF by definition, but I still drooled over it at the event (I'm a server geek at heart)!

The cooling in the LD02 seemed ok, just too big :/ 25-26 litres :/
Ah, OK. Last night I took a look at the FT03 (that you said was similar to the LD02), thought it was really cool, and realized the price (and size). :(. Silverstone seems to be on a roll this year though;)!!

Last edited:
Reactions: confusis

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Ah, OK. Last night I took a look at the FT03 (that you said was similar to the LD02), thought it was really cool, and realized the price (and size). :(. Silverstone seems to be on a roll this year though;)!!

Maybe take a look at the ft03 mini then.

Reactions: el01