Computex 2018!!

sgtspiff

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2018
This topic got me from lurking to posting.

Pretty much covered by everyone else. But I hope and think we will see a cheaper AIO with thunderbolt 3 for eGPU goodies.
Hopefully also some better egpu cases. Lovely if it would be something close to a real SFF case. Half of the S4 mini with just board and space for a HDplex 160w.

I also believe we´ll see more UV RGB for some good dust highlighting.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I hope to see some smaller 500w psus maybe tfx or flex?

I should have known. :p

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I would love to see some sff motherboards with thunderbolt for e-gpus and other stuff.
maybe some way to use pci-8 via 1 or 2 thunderbolt cables. that would make ITX high end board to utilize the wasted pci lanes in a more portable way, maybe external drives with faster conections, or external sound/capture cards, I dont know

maybe amd boards with thunderbolt support? as the tecnology got royalty free in the past months.

but what i would love to see is more mainstream boards with integrated power for use with external power bricks for apus and such.

crazy unrealistic expectations: threadripper ITX

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I was never a fan of even LED fans, let alone all the additional lighting that is now available. One of the main reasons I went with the Gigabyte Z370N is it has no lighting at all, which is getting harder and harder to find.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
That's the result of "no-competition" mode...
True, it seems like there is no reason to release another line of GPUs to the consumer besides, just for the fun of it? I mean GPUs are still selling above prices from a year ago. Vega really didn't do any of us any favors.

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
RGB can be fine if done nicely and not over the top. Having options for lighting doesn't hurt, but of course the fear is that someone decides to get RGB everything and make their PC visible from space. I think if someone puts thought and planning into it, RGB lighting is fine as long as it's not garish.