SFF.Network SFFLab at Computex 2018

Our thanks to SilverStone for sponsoring SFF Network’s on-the-ground coverage of Computex 2018!

When we went to go see the Chimera Mach One chassis that was announced yesterday, we were also treated to a show of a large range of the SFFLab products. Most of these you all know and love, but some are new products, which we will focus on! Let's go visit the lab.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

yeah I see how the Mach One would fit in the duffle now!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Oh wow, I hope this resulted in gasps of air and heads nodding in denial from a bunch of people. Such an amazing lineup well deserving of the SFF Hall of Fame !

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
I would have honestly expected some high end components shoved into the display PCs in addition to the bare ones.
People will have no idea what this compact engineering systems can hold upto...

There may be guys thinking its "thin and light"...

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
Can't SFFetwork have a mobile phone to take a 4k video and upload to YouTube?
There are reasons Blockbuster, blackberry, went out of business...
Fail to adapt new technology, dooms the business

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Can't SFFetwork have a mobile phone to take a 4k video and upload to YouTube?
There are reasons Blockbuster, blackberry, went out of business...
Fail to adapt new technology, dooms the business
We don't do video because we are much better writers than faces. Everyones doing video but the real in depth content is in the written format.

But if you want to buy me a 4k capable phone, go for it!

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It's optimum tech reviewing the chimera Mach one....
Expect on YouTube soon...

We met with Ali yesterday! Really cool, friendly guy. He did a neat full-window mod on the NCASE M1, for those who haven't seen it yet. (Hopefully we can produce something similar, though we do have a windowed panel kit for the M1 now)

I hope you will receive visit of famous youtuber for sfflab..:)
Well, Linus, Hardware canucks, Jay2cents, etc...

We've reached out to most everyone you can think of, and have had back and forth with pretty much all of them. Everyone we've chatted with has been very kind and cordial, has had good feedback, etc. But even as a few said they'd keep us in mind as a place to visit, Computex is a real slog, especially for video producers. So I think we were just too small to get much 1:1 time given everything else that was going on!

We're exploring whether or not we can send some hardware to some of these folks, and have them take a look at the MachOne on their own time, so we'll see what happens!

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
We don't do video because we are much better writers than faces. Everyones doing video but the real in depth content is in the written format.

But if you want to buy me a 4k capable phone, go for it!

I believe the saying "Picture speaks a thousand words", is there for a reason....

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
video production takes time. I believe everyone at SFFN has day jobs ._. and currently the outlet has not enough traction (in viewership and self sustenance) to be able to do more yet.

Reactions: Phuncz