Clickbait Titles

Hey folks,

Just a quick note. We've had some feedback from users and staff recently regarding people using clickbait titles in their threads;
Eg;
"The best/smallest/fastest/smelliest... etc case in the world!!"

In today's world of clickbait thumbnails and titles absolutely everywhere, I'd like to think we're a group of people above such behaviour. So, please keep in mind that any thread with a clickbait title may be edited to remove said clickbait - at a moderator's discretion.

We don't want to make this a hard and fast rule, as yet, but if it becomes as prevalent as it has of late, we may have to take that next step.

Thanks!

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 5, 2017
Hey folks,

Just a quick note. We've had some feedback from users and staff recently regarding people using clickbait titles in their threads;
Eg;
"The best/smallest/fastest/smelliest... etc case in the world!!"

In today's world of clickbait thumbnails and titles absolutely everywhere, I'd like to think we're a group of people above such behaviour. So, please keep in mind that any thread with a clickbait title may be edited to remove said clickbait - at a moderator's discretion.

We don't want to make this a hard and fast rule, as yet, but if it becomes as prevalent as it has of late, we may have to take that next step.

Thanks!
The title has been changed back to the correct specification. Thank you for your reminding.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Haha to be fair, the titles I've seen here so far is waaay better than most of the clickbaits out there. At least the threads contains proper product and/or service and is still related with the title (as in the title is not 100% lies)

Another possible scenario is that, perhaps, previously one case project is really the smallest, but as time goes other smaller case projects come and make the title invalid.

Anyho perhaps we can standardize the title / criteria? Say, no "most" this and that, also, outer volume measurement must be used, including external ac/dc etc..?

Just my 2c.

Reactions: 1461748123

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
When I clicked the thread to rad it I was hoping to see something like "I made you click it" or some sort of trolling from OP. lol

Jokes asides, titles with "the most something" aren't really descriptive of the project's qualities.
But I agree with ignsvn. Most of the threads in this forum usually follows the template of [Name of project] followed by [Some quality, like w/c] then [Size/Volume]. People here are quite civilized in the aspect. :v

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
* Worryingly checks MJOLNIR I post title *

Seems we're not in the danger zone this time XD

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Here are a couple really good practical examples of criminally bad clickbait in modern culture. :p

Reactions: Soul_Est

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
An update: If you find a thread that you think violates the clickbait test, report it! We're unable to find and edit every clickbaity thread on the forum, we're only human.

Also, in future, we'll endeavour to communicate with thread starters before modifying their thread titles - I (personally) was hasty in editing some threads due to personal time constraints. (I'm still living out of cardboard boxes and sleeping on a floor, and will be for the next couple of weeks)

I apologise to any thread starters that I may have offended!

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Thanks for this @confusis, I was getting a bit annoyed with it tbh and I tried to point it out to the post authors without coming off strong. Not sure how well that worked though most people made the title changes without much complaint.

Reactions: confusis