Cleanest and Easiest Way to Make Ventilation Holes in MC600

rescueinhaler

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Nov 24, 2018
Hi all, I've been a long time lurker and am a bit over my head in an MC600 build. I've been following zovc and TekEverything's guides and threads but am a bit hesitant to take a drill/saw to my case. Here's my spec:

Case: Logic Supply MC600
Mobo: Gigabyte Z370N
CPU: intel i5 8400
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB single fan (not SC edition), I have not installed this yet
DC-ATX: HD Plex 400W
RAM: 2x4gb 2400mhz corsair ddr4
CPU Cooler: Currently stock, but I've ordered an Noctua NH-9li
Case Fans: 2 x Noctua 60x25mm fans (I also have 2 60x10mm from the stock and startech)
SSD: Samsung 960 evo nvme ssd

OK now to the questions:
1. Which way should I orient the graphics card?
2. Should I drill holes or make cutouts for ventilation?
3. If yes to #2, what tool should I use. I currently own an old 4.5v cordless drill and have access to a rotary tool (like a dremel).

My goals on this PC are mainly general productivity and moderate entertainment (AAA games at med-high setting)
I've looked around in the forum for answers but with so many people doing different things, I was wondering if somebody could let me know what might work best in my situation.

Thanks!

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
It looks like the MC600 is a steel case? Is it a thin stamped steel or something thicker?

I just drilled 200+ holes in my thick aluminum case, you can see more info here:

Make sure you put the masking tape on the outside and drill from the outside inward. The exit side of the hole is less clean than the side you drill from.

Reactions: gooki and Jello

eiselx86

Trash Compacter
Oct 23, 2017
I used both dremel / drill for ventilation holes. 4 mm holes with 4 mm spacing between them worked pretty good.

Last edited:

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
Not to drag up an old thread, but when you drilled the holes, did you use a hand drill? Did you go through a lot of bits? I'm thinking of doing this myself since no shop wants to do it and I don't have (or want to buy) a drill press. ModMyMods have replacements for my case, but at $100+. So DIY is on the table for me. Thanks.

Also, any one do "slats" instead of holes?