Completed Circle Pro - Solid Alu CNCed mini-itx case - 240mm liquid cooling

boof

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2019
For people who own the case, the compatibility sheet says max rad is 278x122x30mm and that square corners would clash. Is the PSU cage the reason for the 30mm height? It looks like a little more and it'll hit the mobo but shaving down the PSU cage should buy some mm right?

Also, what is the problem with square corners? I thought it could be the lip of the side panel, but looking at pictures and assembly video it looks like sides of the rad would clear that too so I'm not sure what's the reason.

Reactions: WinterCharm

mini-pc

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2019
The PSU cage is part of it, but also the fact that most 'standard' GPUs these days extend past their PCI bracket height. My Zotac RTX 2060 (not a large GPU by any means) runs very close to the radiator - plus you'll need a little extra room for the PCIE power cable.

There's an inner lip on each side panel that the rounded radiator corners slip into. It's a few mm on each side, but that's what prevents the square corners from fitting.

jukbo

Cable Smoosher
Jan 5, 2018
Is there any discount on this case for who have been following this thread since its inception? I'd like to buy one...

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Jan 19, 2019
So while I was waiting on the case to get back in stock, I did manage to find a decent 1080Ti mini on eBay. Pretty happy about that -- still the smallest and most powerful card which will fit into this case. I wish manufacturers would make mini versions of other cards, but at this point I just don't see it happening.

Will I be okay with a 450W power supply, or should I go for a 600W unit? My only other devices will be a Ryzen 3700X (unreleased) and an M.2 SSD and some Ram.

dengzhiqiang

Case Bender
May 20, 2019
@CircleTect is it possible to get a CAD model of the latest case? I am proficient in 3D modeling and wanted to try out some ideas I had in my head , this is a delicate chassis, look forward to your reply, thank you!

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
So while I was waiting on the case to get back in stock, I did manage to find a decent 1080Ti mini on eBay. Pretty happy about that -- still the smallest and most powerful card which will fit into this case. I wish manufacturers would make mini versions of other cards, but at this point I just don't see it happening.

Will I be okay with a 450W power supply, or should I go for a 600W unit? My only other devices will be a Ryzen 3700X (unreleased) and an M.2 SSD and some Ram.
don't cheap out on PSU. assuming 3700X TDP is 105W and 1080 ti 250W, 450W should be enough but the extra headroom is always great to have.

Reactions: WinterCharm

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
@CircleTect is it possible to get a CAD model of the latest case? I am proficient in 3D modeling and wanted to try out some ideas I had in my head , this is a delicate chassis, look forward to your reply, thank you!
Case design is costly and expensive, and unless it's specifically open source or the designer explicitly announces they're selling it, it's very rare for them to give away their CAD models.

boof

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2019
Activity here seems to have slowed down.. @CircleTect any updates on the next batch?

Jumped on the Ghost S1 bandwagon since they launched on Amazon, but this is still my top pick and already had some parts lined up for it so I don't mind returning.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Jan 19, 2019
Also, Asus just announced an Impact DTX motherboard for X570 AMD Chipset. Look like it'll work in the Circle Pro if you forego water cooling! :eek:

ivoryg37

Efficiency Noob
Jan 30, 2019
Just got an email that the next batch of case is June 1st but unfortunately the price has been raised to 449. I was looking forward to it but I don’t know if I can afford it now

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Just got an email that the next batch of case is June 1st but unfortunately the price has been raised to 449. I was looking forward to it but I don’t know if I can afford it now

Yeah, it definitely becomes a harder sell when your case costs more than a top tier CPU..

zanduh

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2018
Big oof on the price jump of essentially the cost of a good ATX case and that the grey model is getting shelved :(

zanduh

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2018
The grey model is getting shelved? What color options will there be?
Email says their supplier is having serious QA issues with the grey so they are shelving it until their supplier can get their fault rates down (a couple of batches minimum). So the only two options will be black and silver for now.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Jan 19, 2019
Damn. Price increase + waiting a few batches for Grey to return :(

With the $450 price tag + shipping from Australia to USA I'm looking at over $500 for a case. Not really sure I can afford that. I was happy to pay ~$379 for something special, but that was already a huge stretch...

And now, I'm just really sad I was unable to grab the grey I wanted before it was discontinued and before the price increase ?... I guess I'm going to resign myself to never being able to grab this case. Such a bummer.

Last edited: