Completed Circle Pro - Solid Alu CNCed mini-itx case - 240mm liquid cooling

jaruri

Caliper Novice
Feb 15, 2018

Sad update to my build - Got the Bykski block in for my 1080ti mini, but the terminal does not have enough space :(

There is about 1cm of space that is needed to get it to fit. Back to the drawing board I suppose :(
Maybe some combination of a founders GPU (less overall width of card) and non-sfx psu would work, or making a low profile terminal

Good news is my second cable order came in and the lengths are perfect! (You can see them in the above pic a bit, lengths I chose for my SF600 were, 150mm for the Mobo, 250mm for the CPU, and 225mm for the PCIE)

Last edited:

CircleTect

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Circle Studio
May 1, 2017
circlestudio.co
Here is another custom loop. All credit goes to builder - not sure what their forum handle is. Speak up and I'll add your credit!

I have quite a few customer build photos that haven't been published in this forum. If you have finished build photos, please post them as they look fantastic and will help other people plan their builds!

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Here is another custom loop. All credit goes to builder - not sure what their forum handle is. Speak up and I'll add your credit!

I have quite a few customer build photos that haven't been published in this forum. If you have finished build photos, please post them as they look fantastic and will help other people plan their builds!

?the power supply exhausts directly onto the pump??

Reactions: riba2233

jaruri

Caliper Novice
Feb 15, 2018
Wow that is pretty sweet. Looks like they were able to solve the problem I was having by tapping two G1/4s directly onto the GPU block. Taking some notes for sure

The PSU exhaust is a bit worrying though if the builder plans on using this as a daily

Reactions: WinterCharm

Lofi

What's an ITX?
Aug 26, 2019
Hello,

After reading entire thread I noticed you shot someone a 3D model in regards to mocking up a build. Anyway you can email me some models at wesley@xtec.io.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
For use in this exceptionally gorgeous case, Zotac has a GTX 2070 Super Mini available and Gigabyte will have an ITX version of one before year end.

The Zotac's specs: 209.6mm x 126.1mm x 41mm. Perfect fit. Should run cooler and quieter than the 1080Ti mini.

The Gigabyte version will probably be a little shorter, as is usual for their ITX cards.

Reactions: WinterCharm

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Jan 19, 2019
For use in this exceptionally gorgeous case, Zotac has a GTX 2070 Super Mini available and Gigabyte will have an ITX version of one before year end.

The Zotac's specs: 209.6mm x 126.1mm x 41mm. Perfect fit. Should run cooler and quieter than the 1080Ti mini.

The Gigabyte version will probably be a little shorter, as is usual for their ITX cards.

Finally a decent mini ITX card to use. This is about on par with a 1080Ti mini (5% slower, but hey, 1080Ti minis are fucking IMPOSSIBLE to find) :p

I just hope that we get a 2080 Super Mini soon -- the die size and board layout will be the exact same... and will actually be faster than the 1080Ti mini.

I really wish the limitations didn't exist, but oh well :p

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Finally a decent mini ITX card to use. This is about on par with a 1080Ti mini (5% slower, but hey, 1080Ti minis are fucking IMPOSSIBLE to find)

I just hope that we get a 2080 Super Mini soon -- the die size and board layout will be the exact same... and will actually be faster than the 1080Ti mini.

A 2080 Super Mini might be possible but it would seem that a 2080 mini would come first as they both have a similar TDP. But there doesn't seem to be any chatter about a 2080 Mini out of Gigabyte or Zotac. We'll see what 2020 CES brings. If something like that is on the drawing board, I would guess that it wouldn't be available until Q2 2020.
I really wish the limitations didn't exist, but oh well

If HD Plex could shrink their power supply combo length just a bit, perhaps the limitation could be eliminated. That should allow enough clearance for the 240mm radiator and tubes.

Even so, I don't mind the limitation of this case given it's exceptional build quality. It's the price of beauty. I don't really like the many stamped metal/plastic cases that are out there. Most look like toasters, bread boxes and shoe boxes. But the CNC cases are getting better and better. The Thor Mjolnir, Modivio xCase and the Z Case P50 are very, very nice. The Thor especially. And the Ncase M1 would be my fallback in the event that I can't acquire any of these. But the Circle Pro speaks to me. It's a must have for me.

Reactions: CircleTect

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019

some updates from last time. Turns out you can barely fit a 25mm fan with the 645lt, but only on the mobo side since the AC-DC unit is too tall. Also cleaned up with some custom cables, LED, and masked the PSU

Beautiful! Well done, you. How are your thermals and noise?

I was thinking of doing something similar. HD Plex 400w Combo with 3D printed brackets, Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders Edition card, except with straight air cooling a 65w CPU (i9-9700 or i9-9900) using a Noctua NH-L9i with 25mm NF-A9 or NF-B9 (grey) fan.

Last edited: