Choosing the case - Several choices

laiv

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Hi there!

It's my very first post in SFF so, excusme in advance if I have choose the wrong forum for the question. Well it's not going to be a question as such but I would appreciate your oppinions.

I decided to start my very first SFF build and, unlike other formats, choosing the case is being the hardest part. I'm the sort of guy who go nuts comparing specs, compatibilities, capacities, materials, layouts, etc. It can take me weeks or a couple of months to make a chooice. It's not like we have here (Spain) a coutnless variety of cases to choose from but I'm struggling my head to make the final choice.

The features I wanted for the case were (ordered by priority)

- In the range of 9L - 14L
- It must support SFX/SFX-L PSU
- It must be vented. I don't care about windowed panels. I prefer mesh.
- It must have a decent airflow. Fron to back, bottom-up, whatever.
- I would like it to be compatible with 80mm aire coolers. I'm planning to set the BeQuite Shadow Rock LP (74mm)
- The alternatives are Noctua NHL12S (70 mm) or Scythe Shuriken Big 3 (69 mm). These addressed to lower TDP than the BeQuite tho.
- It would be fantastic if it supports radiators in the range of 120mm - 240mm.
- I'm not planning to set a custom RL or AIO now, but I would like to have that possibility.

The thing is that cases like NCase, Louqe or Sliger are totally out of the question because there's no way to buy any from Spain. Unless you know a way. The choice then is between

- Raijintake Ophion Evo - New - 130-150€ (The one is liking me most)
- Antec Cube EkWB - New - 170€ (I like it, but may be is overpriced for what we get. I don't know)
- Corsair 380t - Secondhand - 80-100€ (Not the case of my dreams, but the price and the brand likes me)
- Dan A4 SFX - New - 220€ (Not discarded yet, but it would make me to review the build and look for other coolers, RAM, etc)

I would appreciate to know your oppions and thoughts. The choice is mainly among Raijintek, Antec and Corsair, being Corsair a good candidate becaue the price. Those 70-90€ may be would be better invested on other components.

Thank you all in advance!

S.D: At the moment I don't have budget. I will find the desired build and then tune it up to the budget I'm confortable with.

Edit 2020/26/01C: Considering also Phanteks

Last edited:

murtoz

Cable Smoosher
Aug 27, 2017
Sliger have an official distributor in europe: https://www.density.sk/

Apart from that I'm pretty sure sliger us would ship to Spain. I'm in UK and bought direct from them (before they started working with the above). Sure, shipping cost a bit but it was totally worth it, nothing but good things to say about the company and their products!

Reactions: laiv

laiv

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Sliger have an official distributor in europe: https://www.density.sk/

Apart from that I'm pretty sure sliger us would ship to Spain. I'm in UK and bought direct from them (before they started working with the above). Sure, shipping cost a bit but it was totally worth it, nothing but good things to say about the company and their products!

Great. The case (no matter the version) supports up to 55mm cooler, I have to look for compatible ones.