Advice First ITX build in a while. Critique my choices.

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
Well, I already ordered everything, so perhaps this is the wrong time to ask for advice, but maybe I'm just hoping for reactions. This is really my first post other than my introduction.

Here's my planned build. The goal is to do a little video editing of lessons, as well as game at higher resolution than my FX-6300/GT240 system does now (yeah, I know, but the parts are 6 and 10 years old in my old system). I'm also thinking of running multiple monitors so I can work and play at the same time. ? Stability and compatibility is much more important to me than speed.

Case: CoolerMaster NR200
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (no budget for cooling yet, so I picked up an Arctic 7X - a bit scared of the Wraith Stealth)
MB: Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER OC, 4GB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200, 16GB
PSU: Fractal Design Ion SFX 500G
Monitor: ASUS Eye Care 23.8" (because staring at the computer all day hurts if you need to focus, and I'm hoping the tech helps)

First question: did I make any choices I'll regret? Hoping for feedback before it all arrives and I've already built it. I plan to build a test system in my NZXT Vulcan case while I wait for the NR200, which won't be shipping until 15 August, so I can make sure everything works before I do the NR200 build.

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
Why did you choose the CoolerMaster NR200 over the NR200P? I'm facing that choice and I wonder how other members are deciding. Thanks!

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
I like the "5 vented sides idea" and I'm not attached to seeing my hardware through a window.

If you like the glass, I'd just do it. Both of the early Youtube reviews I've seen on the NR200P have suggested that it has great thermals, and without fans on the bottom of the case (the way the Youtuber who tested NR200P thermals had it set up), apparently the glass makes cooling more efficient because of the more focused flow.

I plan to run the case with five fans (six if you include the cooler): two bottom, two top, and the rear 92mm. I have quiet fans in my current mATX build that I'm going to use. Not sure how I am going to orient everything just yet, but I think it'll run cool enough for my purposes. I am also thinking about an AIO in the future, and having the side for mounting a 280mm radiator seems like a good idea.