CERBERUS MATX 2 GTX1070s SLI BUILD

allywaters

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
New to the forum. First forum I have ever joined.
Names Ally and I'm from Scotland;)

Not the best pics of the build but here are the specs

Cerberus matx case Slate grey (side panel with window on its way)
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS GENE Viii motherboard Sli enabled
i5-6500k cpu
AIO cooler Aigo 120mm radiator and white led ring fan
16gb XPG adata DDR4 ram
x2 EVGA GTX1070 founders editions in SLI
Sli bridge came with mobo however going to replace it with nvidias high bandwifth sli bridge soonish
x2 90mm fan be quite silent wings
x1 Samsung ssd 850 evo 256gb
x1 Samsung ssd 850 evo 500gb
Silverstone SFX-L 650watt psu modular gold rated.
Unknown LEDS.(got them out of a factory I used to work in can choose many different colours by switching the negative)

In the dark

In the light

outer case

So far! gaming in 4k like a champ.
I did have problems with cooling the GPU in the top pci-e lane most likely due to the bottom card restricting airflow to the air intake.
TOP GPU 77 degrees under full load
BOTTOM GPU 67 degrees under full load

Fitted the be-quiet 90mm fan in front to draw air from outside the case (front) and strategically placed it so the highest air flow on the fan blade was blasting the top of lower gpu where top gpu would draw air from.
What a difference under full load (Dropped to 69 Degrees)
I know the temps for these reference design cards are designed to operate upto 93 degrees before throttling however for me 93 degrees in a case this small could cause heat transfer so I wanted it to be nice and cool:)
Other than that no issues.
Cpu under full load never over 55 degrees( Not overclocked mind!)

If you are building in this case feel free to ask any questions .
When I get better pics I will post.
Just wanted to get the thread started!

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Very nice! I'm interested to hear about the AIO and its RGB fan. I've seen that company sell RGB fans for a really cheap price but no reviews on noise and performance of them.

Reactions: allywaters

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Great build, that green looks beautiful. So glad we're seeing more builds.

That's great the 90mm fan cut down temps. Did you test with a 120mm on the front?

I may replace my 240mm AIO with a 120mm so I an take advantage of unrestricted air flow from the front.

allywaters

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
Very nice! I'm interested to hear about the AIO and its RGB fan. I've seen that company sell RGB fans for a really cheap price but no reviews on noise and performance of them.

Thanks mate for your kind comments.
The cooler i managed to get for a steal at £45 inc delivery from ebay. I had in a previous build for 3 months prior to using in the cerberus case.
performance wise works great. No noise very quiet I must admit especially for the temps it can keep the cpu at in such a small space.
The pump is virtually silent aswell (you do hear it start when first switched on) then fades to nothing in about 3 to 4 secs.
The version i got was not the rgb version it was just the white led version as it was designated for another build however now you have gave me the idea of buying an rgb aigo fan to replace with so I can keep the green theme going lol
also the cpu block is solid and doesnt feel cheap at all. I didnt see any reviews when I purchased it either so I took a chance and im pleased with its performance and quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonny727272

allywaters

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
Great build, that green looks beautiful. So glad we're seeing more builds.

That's great the 90mm fan cut down temps. Did you test with a 120mm on the front?

I may replace my 240mm AIO with a 120mm so I an take advantage of unrestricted air flow from the front.

Hi mate and thanks for your nice comments.
It is looking very good.
I cant wait for the windowed panel to come to show of those 1070s.
As for your question for the fan in front YES I did put a 120mm fan there first however as the psu is above it I could not locate it higher than I would have liked to get it to force air inbetween the gpus.
The centre of the 120mm fan was in line with the gap between the gpus and virtually made no difference to temps.
However the 90mm is offset to allow the blade to push as much air as possible in the gap

cjsff

Chassis Packer
May 3, 2018
Awesome, your build is pretty much exactly what I'm looking to make. I put together a version of my own, but honestly I don't really know what I'm doing. Is there any advice you could give for working with the Cerberus? My build doesn't have liquid cooling, would you recommend it for a case of this size? So many questions...

Kanser

Case Bender
Jun 25, 2018
Nice build there. I know why you fit a 90mm, however I wonder if it is possible to fit a 140mm at the front with the PSU above it?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Noce build however did you put only this old sli bridge between your gtx 1070?
Since pascal gpu we need to put sli bridge HB (high bandwidth).