Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Hey @amitoza I know you just got back and all, but can we get some info on whose case was and was not shipped?

Also, what is the diameter on the DC input on the back of the case? I assume it's the common 12mm but I wanted to make sure before I order a G-unique PSU. Thanks.

Reactions: Biowarejak

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 12, 2017
If you were to eliminate the psuand use an hdplex type, will the case be smaller? will it be able to have the slim disc drive?

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 12, 2017
The C-WS, will it be possible to have an slim disc drive?
The power botton at the front?
Will it be possible to use a mean well psu with a hdplex psu?

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
I would strongly advise to keep away from this seller at the moment. I negotiated a custom order from him through a private communication, and he has gone completely MIA. I know he responded here around Monday, but he has yet to respond to my emails I sent that day either.

Prior to that, he went 2/3 weeks without a response.

It pains me to throw a vendor under the bus on this, but his communication is far from acceptable. At this point I am down $$, but I hope this serves a lesson to others.

Reactions: mimoto

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
I would strongly advise to keep away from this seller at the moment. I negotiated a custom order from him through a private communication, and he has gone completely MIA. I know he responded here around Monday, but he has yet to respond to my emails I sent that day either.

Prior to that, he went 2/3 weeks without a response.

It pains me to throw a vendor under the bus on this, but his communication is far from acceptable. At this point I am down $$, but I hope this serves a lesson to others.

Bruh... that sux...
@amitoza did say he has stopped accepting orders for a while as he revises his product, so I can understand this particular thread going quiet, but hopefully your custom order is fulfilled. Such a promising project, I really hope this one sticks. Keep us posted with any updates.

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
It's also worth noting he probably has a HUGE backlog of messages and orders.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Yah... huge backlog or not, it doesn't excuse the lack of communication.
Bruh, one guy, multiple SKUs in each product, manufacturing revisions, etc... Maybe you're not inclined to give him a break and I totally understand that because you have cash down on this.

OTOH I can see why maybe a little slack is deserved (by the rest of us at least) for one of the few members here who has actually brought a product to market and in so doing got over his head. Just my ¢2

Reactions: br3nd0

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Bruh, one guy, multiple SKUs in each product, manufacturing revisions, etc... Maybe you're not inclined to give him a break and I totally understand that because you have cash down on this.

OTOH I can see why maybe a little slack is deserved (by the rest of us at least) for one of the few members here who has actually brought a product to market and in so doing got over his head. Just my ¢2

I understand your POV, but he hasn't even been online for nearly a week now. Not sure how you are going to answer many messages if you haven't logged in.

Hi, would you mind sharing your G-Unique customization? I have a EVGA 1060 SC as well and am bit lost between options.
HDplex has been out of stock for a long time :(

Sure mate, here is a copy/paste of the final order that me and @guryhwa worked out:
TYPE C basic unut, $44.99;
[20cm CPU 4+4pin cable,(20awg PTFE silver plated wire)] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables (20awg PTFE silver plated wire)] + [DC input cable with GX-12 aviation plug,with 14AWG DC cable ,+$19.99 DCjack,30cm 16awg Silicone Wire] +$4.99
6pin PCIE cable 30cm +$4.99
300w $39.99 modded Dell brick.
Total will be $114.95

He was super helpful and very professional so I'd highly recommend his stuff over an HDPlex simply for the customization and cheaper price (that power brick price though).