Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
He hasn't been on for nearly 4 days now. I'm getting a bit worried...

Going to pitch in here on the skepticism regarding time on these custom cases with a quote from a really smart cookie (hehe)! This was in response to similar concerns during the first production run and I think it is worth repeating for folks, especially since we see so many new accounts coming up recently, and often simply just to buy one of the cases they see advertised on SFF. These can often be from folks who are purchasing their first custom case and/or from folks who are first time suppliers without the appropriate mechanisms in place, the experience to supply large demand, marketing prowess, or otherwise.

See below, yes, I quoted myself.

We were told 3 weeks (closer to 2, actually) until "realization" when first ordering - however that is always a much too generous time-period with custom cases without a well-oiled process in place, and so I would suggest taking that with a grain of salt. As a general rule, if you are in a hurry do not order custom cases.

I was more than a little impatient with the communication style at one point, and since I needed to travel overseas, also with the doubling + of production time than originally quoted - but @amitoza does come through. He mentioned he had some things coming up too, which is why I hoped he would at least advertise a little more of an appropriate (reasonable, maybe) production time because managing expectation in these situations is key, as well as properly and honestly representing your own capacity.

TL;DR @amitoza has advertised quite an unrealistic turn around time for the production that is expected of him, but rest assured he does keep us informed when he can (proof throughout the thread), is transparent with information and speedy with help. The cases are also nice. It is hard, I agree, but patience! Best we can do is urge a better advertising on time.

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017
Going to pitch in here on the skepticism regarding time on these custom cases with a quote from a really smart cookie (hehe)! This was in response to similar concerns during the first production run and I think it is worth repeating for folks, especially since we see so many new accounts coming up recently, and often simply just to buy one of the cases they see advertised on SFF. These can often be from folks who are purchasing their first custom case and/or from folks who are first time suppliers without the appropriate mechanisms in place, the experience to supply large demand, marketing prowess, or otherwise.

See below, yes, I quoted myself.

I was more than a little impatient with the communication style at one point, and since I needed to travel overseas, also with the doubling + of production time than originally quoted - but @amitoza does come through. He mentioned he had some things coming up too, which is why I hoped he would at least advertise a little more of an appropriate (reasonable, maybe) production time because managing expectation in these situations is key, as well as properly and honestly representing your own capacity.

TL;DR @amitoza has advertised quite an unrealistic turn around time for the production that is expected of him, but rest assured he does keep us informed when he can (proof throughout the thread), is transparent with information and speedy with help. The cases are also nice. It is hard, I agree, but patience! Best we can do is urge a better advertising on time.
Thanks for posting this. Did you get a tracking number for your package?

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for posting this. Did you get a tracking number for your package?

Absolutely I did, and it shipped quite quickly in EU. Had it from Poland to Italy in a week of working days (first ever to receive one, I think). You can track its initial progress through Poland's national postal service and they also have a site completely in English so it is easier to understand. Then - move on to your local postal service for updates (or whoever Poland's postal service liaises with, which can also be searched on their site after tracking).

Reactions: Biowarejak

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
For reference, it took about 20 days to get to me( U.S.); It spent most of its time in customs though.

Does the gpu cooler fit?
I don't know, the people I ordered it from have yet to even ship it even though I paid for it last Friday.

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017
great.. @amitoza hasn't been online for over a week.. I have no shipping notice nor tracking number. What's going on? I'm trying to be patient but i've got 145€ on the line here...

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Last I heard from him was April 25th. Never emailed be back after that.

Well, this isn't good at all, is it?! I recall @amitoza mentioning something about planning a wedding (presuming his own) when the delays were happening with the first batch.

to many orders, to much work, wedding organization whole weekend

He is probably on honeymoon somewhere nice now - and likely singing onto SFF Forum is the last thing on his mind...couldn't blame him in that case. He is taking a long time for you folks (and that is unfair as all hell) but he definitely isn't pulling a cut and run, just making the mistakes of a first time seller who also does their own customer service :\

@amitoza, if the orders get too much to keep up, I am available to hire as a piecemeal administrative assistance/customer service rep :cool:

Reactions: Grafite

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
As someone who paid $170 over a month ago and only seen two pictures, I'm getting a bit annoyed too. I don't mind delays but this is getting downright unfair from a consumer standpoint and I feel we should at least get a quick message saying everything is okay and he is just facing real life problems.

Reactions: br3nd0

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
yep. maybe the guy is just really busy. though I bought a mini itx from segi custom mods that guy will reply anytime. I dont know if the guy even sleeps considering im from canada the guy is from ukraine, I was also planning to get his case though I never got an answer. ask the guys who bought the first rev. I think this is just turnaround time for the case

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
I think the Catz-C1 is going to need a revision. I can barely fit the powerconnector to my gpu, which means that any card wider than the 1080 mini will not fit (Gigabyte 1070). I think a good idea would be to shift the power adapter's placement to the GPU side which would add some room and allow for wider cards to fit without removing a block.

The Accelero cooler came in and it fits the 1080 fine However its a true pain to install as you have to tape up a lot of components on the pcb and apply a thermal adhesive to fit the heatsinks(I got some paste in a nook and now I have a bit of coil whine). Overall its a frustrating process. That being said, it has to be the most silent cooler I've ever encountered. At 2000 RPMs its as loud as the stock cooler at idle. I ran into some issues testing it as my room temps were fluctuating so I don't have a true comparison but the Furmark tests I ran had it at 56 C max (21 C ambient).

Its weird amitoza has been gone for so long. He isn't as fast as Josh(I got a reponse form him at 1AM in the morning!), but he has always responded within 48 hrs. I guess its safe to assume he is probably away. Lets hope he shipped the cases out earlier though. But like I said, customs will hold your case for a long time. The total time it took for my case to arrive to me was 20 days, but only 6 days was spent actually shipping it.