Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
Well I finally got my case! Basically Bledha's review of the case is accurate.

Shipping protection was great
Small Blemishes on paint, but nothing noticeable without actually looking for it.
Hex Screws on the outside, Phillip screws on the inside(Actually had to buy a sex of hex keys to open it.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the case and will be doing in-depth build log in about a month. I haven't tried fitting any parts into it, but I really feel like my 1080 Mini will fit, hopefully it does.

And let me know if you guys want some pictures, my phone's camera is bad, but it can do for now.

Reactions: Jonny727272

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
@Grafite - I might be following in your tracks here. Do you plan on doing the 1080 Mini 0% fan curve flash by @CubanLegend ?

@amitoza - The C2 I am referencing is the custom C1 design from this post.

Changes from C1

- unified unibody
- ODD delete
- front USB ports
- rounded vents.

You had these suggestion to fit a 1080 Mini from this post.
- Make 6-7mm longer.
- Move gpu bracket 8mm lower (without odd)

Can we do this? If so, I'm in. PM me.
Would love to try fitting a 1080Mini and possibly an HDPlex 300W into this. I have a dream!

Last edited:
Reactions: br3nd0

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
So, any news on when the second batch will be shipped out?
About Wednesday. Buttons are ready, packages is ready - tomorrow i'll get powdercoated elements.
@Grafite - I might be following in your tracks here. Do you plan on doing the 1080 Mini 0% fan curve flash by @CubanLegend ?

@amitoza - The C2 I am referencing is the custom C1 design from this post.

Changes from C1

- unified unibody
- ODD delete
- front USB ports
- rounded vents.

You had these suggestion to fit a 1080 Mini from this post.
- Make 6-7mm longer.
- Move gpu bracket 8mm lower (without odd)

Can we do this? If so, I'm in. PM me.
Would love to try fitting a 1080Mini and possibly an HDPlex 300W into this. I have a dream!
It's possible, but for now I need few days for actual orders ;)

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
First, thanks all for this thread, from a C1 end March orderer.

Also, the G-Unique PSU options should be compatible in the C-1 right?

Has anyone looked into the G-Unique configuration for C1, especially because parts can be customized by the PSU seller:
- DC jack : should it be the same as HD Plex one ? website gives 1 x 7.4x5.0mm with Center PIN(Ground) DC
- Connectors lenghts: Default Cables Set ([25cm 4pin/8pin cable] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables] + [DC input cable]) . I'm thinking about adding a 6+2 pin PCIE, but regarding lenghts, it would be interesting to have values for optimal C1 cable management, any idea of those?

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
I would like to request a build from the C-SFX or at least a render of a build. It looks like a great case, but I have to envision all my parts inside first before I can pull the trigger.

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017

I actually can't. I'm going to have to cut the heatsink and use my own fan setup to cool my 1080 Mini. Well that or downgrade to a 1070. The card fits fine and if I unscrew the heatsink from the hard and shit it forward 3mm it fits, but I'm pretty sure that isn't viable for cooling.

Also another thing. I actually had to remove the lower corner's Parvum cube to fit just the PCB of the card in place. I'll upload some pictures of it tomorrow actually.

Reactions: Runamok81

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
First, thanks all for this thread, from a C1 end March orderer.

Has anyone looked into the G-Unique configuration for C1, especially because parts can be customized by the PSU seller:
- DC jack : should it be the same as HD Plex one ? website gives 1 x 7.4x5.0mm with Center PIN(Ground) DC
- Connectors lenghts: Default Cables Set ([25cm 4pin/8pin cable] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables] + [DC input cable]) . I'm thinking about adding a 6+2 pin PCIE, but regarding lenghts, it would be interesting to have values for optimal C1 cable management, any idea of those?

I'd request a higher spec plug if you're using +180W. The 12V G-Unique requires more current than a regular 19V plug.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Can anyone confirm if the Scythe Big shuriken 2 will fit in the C-1? It looks like there will be about 5mm of clearance but I'm not sure if I'm missing something? Thanks for the help.

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Can anyone confirm if the Scythe Big shuriken 2 will fit in the C-1? It looks like there will be about 5mm of clearance but I'm not sure if I'm missing something? Thanks for the help.

Going by some google image search, I agree that without the fan it should leave ~5mm clearance. But you would need a fan on it, no?

Edit: I wonder if the Big Shuriken 2 could hold a smaller fan in the middle like the Kozuti...? Maybe a 60mm?
Heatpipes: 3 --> 5
Height: 40mm --> 46mm

Last edited:

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Going by some google image search, I agree that without the fan it should leave ~5mm clearance. But you would need a fan on it, no?

Edit: I wonder if the Big Shuriken 2 could hold a smaller fan in the middle like the Kozuti...? Maybe a 60mm?
Heatpipes: 3 --> 5
Height: 40mm --> 46mm

I don't think a fan that small would do much. Although, I'm also wondering if the Kozuti would be a better option than the L9i now?

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think a fan that small would do much. Although, I'm also wondering if the Kozuti would be a better option than the L9i now?

80mm fans?! Yuck! Joking...All that aside though, I think one of the better options for performance applications is the L9i heat-sink with a 25mm fan. Quiet, and keeps things right cool (fits in C1 well, too, looking at it now). There are a heck of a lot of decent 92mm fan options too, for more performance and color selection.

Raxe

Trash Compacter
Mar 3, 2017
80mm fans?! Yuck! Joking...All that aside though, I think one of the better options for performance applications is the L9i heat-sink with a 25mm fan. Quiet, and keeps things right cool (fits in C1 well, too, looking at it now). There are a heck of a lot of decent 92mm fan options too, for more performance and color selection.

And for now, the top performer sub 50mm seems to be the LP53 + Noctua fan 14mm. It sits arround 47mm

CubanLegend test it and a lot of people and well, it´s a beast for the size . As an example. this guy test 3-4 options and the LP53 wins

And if you´re in europe, Cooltek sells this model pretty cheap
https://www.alternate.de/html/product/1149216

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Jesus, the LP53 is over $70 on Amazon here in the States! I think I'll go with @bledha advice and get the L9i and then a bigger fan. Do you have any suggestions on fans to use?

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017
About Wednesday. Buttons are ready, packages is ready - tomorrow i'll get powdercoated elements.

It's possible, but for now I need few days for actual orders ;)
Please make sure to send them out on Wednesday. It's already been 6 weeks since order. Original estimate was 3 weeks.