Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

zarch

Chassis Packer
Mar 29, 2017
EDIT: Tried a couple different keywords searching this thread. Somehow, when reading everything, I missed the answer already stated
(Question about the GPU size limits for the C-SFX - I was only able to find the max length.
What are the width and height?

I'm looking to fit an MSI Gaming X 1060 6gb (277 x 140 x 39 mm) into a sff htpc. The goal is to have a system that is as close to passive cooling as reasonable. I'd prefer not to have to make the concession to go for the EVGA SC)

Post #90

1. Lenght 211mm (max 214mm), width 140mm if 8pin pci-e is in cutout, height 44mm. So gtx1080 should Fit.

Also - only curious - I've notice pretty much every htpc layout has the gpu cooling faced down, with the cpu faced up. Does this orientation cool better, or is it a lack of quality, longer pci-e extension cables?

Last edited:

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
@Runamok81
So the 1080 doesn't fit at all. So Cutting the heatsink and using a large fan would work, or asking amitoza for a larger version would work. If possible @amitoza could I order a larger Unibody along with larger side plates to fit a 1080 and maybe even a HD Plex?

Edit: and ignore those blue black dots, my Nexus 6P's camera lens broke so the actual glass of the camera is picking up imperfections.

Last edited:

JoeSFF

Chassis Packer
Mar 25, 2017
@Runamok81
So the 1080 doesn't fit at all. So Cutting the heatsink and using a large fan would work, or asking amitoza for a larger version would work. If possible @amitoza could I order a larger Unibody along with larger side plates to fit a 1080 and maybe even a HD Plex?

Edit: and ignore those blue black dots, my Nexus 6P's camera lens broke so the actual glass of the camera is picking up imperfections.

What pcie riser will you be using to connect the gpu to the mobo? I ordered the EZDIY 25cm black riser. Do you think that will be a good riser to connect to my gigabyte 970 mini oc?

Reactions: Biowarejak

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
@Grafite: Thanks for posting photos! Looks nice. Had a couple questions. I also am curious of what riser cable you will be using, and if you could post a photo with it attached. Also, what is the purpose of the bar in the center of the case?

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
@Grafite - Thanks for the follow up pictures. Yeah, looks like you'd have to clip the aluminum heat sinks to get it in.

Have you considered an aftermarket GPU cooler? Eyeballing it, but the 120mm Arctic Accelero Mono Plus may fit.

If it fits, you'd be in good shape. Better temps, better noise profile and option swap the 120mm fan to your pressure fan of choice.

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
@Grafite - Thanks for the follow up pictures. Yeah, looks like you'd have to clip the aluminum heat sinks to get it in.

Have you considered an aftermarket GPU cooler? Eyeballing it, but the 120mm Arctic Accelero Mono Plus may fit.

If it fits, you'd be in good shape. Better temps, better noise profile and option swap the 120mm fan to your pressure fan of choice.

Woah, I didn't consider that, from the reviews I've seen most people gain better temps. I'll definitely pick this up this week. Would pair nicely with a scythe thin fan too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
So @amitoza, any word on when the second batch will be getting shipped?

And to anyone that owns the case, what is the internal height? If you can even give me the max CPU cooler height that'd be awesome! Thanks.

Reactions: deadz0ne

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016

Look what I found, it shouldn't be impossible to copy :)

(source: https://tweakers.net/aanbod/929643/accelero-mono-plus-thin-itx-cpu-bracket.html)

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Woah, I didn't consider that, from the reviews I've seen most people gain better temps. I'll definitely pick this up this week. Would pair nicely with a scythe thin fan too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Keen to see how this works out if you end up with the aftermarket GPU, I have a similar build specced up.

flaystus

What's an ITX?
Apr 30, 2017
My gosh the C-1 with Unibody is basically exactly what I've been looking for. Quick question. What would I need to put in the color box on the order form to get it in black and white like pictured?

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
My gosh the C-1 with Unibody is basically exactly what I've been looking for. Quick question. What would I need to put in the color box on the order form to get it in black and white like pictured?
There should be a picture full of the color codes and you just pick the two you want. It's kind of informal right now though.

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
There should be a picture full of the color codes and you just pick the two you want. It's kind of informal right now though.
Yeah there if, but if @flaystus puts in there "Same colour as this picture" and link it or just say same as stock base unit you should be fine. Pretty sure he emails you to arrange payment so making sure should be easy. They also answer DM's on the forum quite quick.