Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
C-1 Is fully compatible with hdplex 300W. - 4x5mm stands on internal side of front panel. If somebody want ac/dc Inside case ask for custom version on PM. :) but firstly wait for new 300W acdc hdplex ;)

Last edited:

neocmetal

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2017

neocmetal

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2017
My mistake, i was mentioning the internal nano atx psu. Instead of using the power brick, i could use the 160w internal adapter.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Ouch, top of this thread is a slog. Sorry for the cold reception. You deserve better.

I'm happy we now have more options for a slim SFF case with GPU and CPU facing the same way. I'm interested in this case.

Are there any photos of the Cats C1 Unibody with PC components installed? I'm curious about cable routing and fan clearances.

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017

Hdplex cabels are definitly to long. ;)

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Ouch, top of this thread is a slog. Sorry for the cold reception.

It really was, I winced a lot during the read. Good thing it was moderated. However, I understand the impulse to to want to protect your friends and/or community members. Cooler heads did prevail, of course. that is what I love about this SFF community, people may bicker a little, but it seemingly always maturely and calmly worked out.

There are some photos with a motherboard and GPU installed in the Catz C1 and an HDPlex, somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd page. (EDIT: and now just above, @amitoza is great with speedy communication!)

I also was happy with the options available because I am so in love with the NFC S4, however after the waiting list was sent out, and the shop opened to pre-orders, after shipping, potential customs for some folks in EU, accessories and other costs, the price increase of over %30 on the case itself, I simply couldn't manage it. Love the case, love the work and the polish and @Josh | NFC's commitment to customers, but some things just remove accessibility with costs - and that is exactly what happened with the S4 and me.

Luckily, this beauty was posted (and in EU!) as my spirits were dipping, and gave me that accessibility. I ordered the black and white unibody that is posted as a model, because it is so nice.

Last edited:

Andorski

Caliper Novice
Sep 10, 2016
Couple of questions about the C1:
  1. What are the GPU size limitations in regards to length and height? What GTX 1070/1080 cards can fit in the chassis?
  2. What's the max thickness a 2.5" HDD be to fit under the GPU?
  3. What CPU cooler is recommended for this case? What's the max height a CPU cooler can be in order to fit?

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
  1. What are the GPU size limitations in regards to length and height? What GTX 1070/1080 cards can fit in the chassis?
  3. What CPU cooler is recommended for this case? What's the max height a CPU cooler can be in order to fit?

Most of what you ask save the width of a GPU and 2.5" drive is specified in the very first post. The width of the GPU is an interesting question though.

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
1. Lenght 211mm (max 214mm), width 140mm if 8pin pci-e is in cutout, height 44mm. So gtx1080 should Fit.
2. 15mm (18mm to GPU pcb).
3. 50mm - recommended - raijintek Zelos (if you want silent cooler), for performance - noctua l9 with 25mm fan, cooltek lp53 with slim fan.

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
I also was happy with the options available because I am so in love with the NFC S4, however after the waiting list was sent out, and the shop opened to pre-orders, after shipping, potential customs for some folks in EU, accessories and other costs, the price increase of over %30 on the case itself, I simply couldn't manage it. Love the case, love the work and the polish and Josh's commitment to customers, but some things just remove accessibility with costs - and that is exactly what happened with the S4 and me.

Luckily, this beauty was posted (and in EU!) as my spirits were dipping, and gave me that accessibility. I ordered the black and white unibody that is posted as a model, because it is so nice.

I couldn't agree more. I wanted the S4 Mini but to have to wait until the Summer, that would've taken forever, not to mention this case is a tad bit larger which is just perfect for my build. Matter of fact, my motherboard just came in.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
What made you go with the Fatality over the Strix? It seems that everyone values the dual M.2 slots so much.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
I know it varies, but would a 25mm thick fan fit on the GPU side? My intention would be to de-shroud a 1080 Mini and fit it with a more powerful fan. For cooling and acoustics.

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
I checked on zotac page this gtx1080 and now I'm not sure about fitting to standard C-1. Zotac gives dimensions without bracket, not like for example gigabyte, xfx, - with bracket.

So if sb want zotac gtx1080/1070 I can make 6/7mm longer version.

msi/gigabyte 1070 fit to standard C1.

I know it varies, but would a 25mm thick fan fit on the GPU side? My intention would be to de-shroud a 1080 Mini and fit it with a more powerful fan. For cooling and acoustics.
I can move gpu bracket 8mm lower (without odd), and it give you 53mm for graphic card. If gtx1080 mini without fans have 28mm height should be ok.

If you give me exactly measurements of thick card I can make custom version to fit 25mm fan.

Reactions: Ceros_X

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
What made you go with the Fatality over the Strix? It seems that everyone values the dual M.2 slots so much.
Thunderbolt, I plan on purchasing a drive enclosure that runs off of it, and the fact that you can SLI on this motherboard too with a passive adapter. And it looks nice.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Hey @amitoza, I know you have said 25cm-30cm is best for the PCIe riser and I did find some good ones on the market.

I was wondering though - Is this Thermaltake one (at 20cm) just too short, or is there a way to make it work?

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Hey @amitoza, I know you have said 25cm-30cm is best for the PCIe riser and I did find some good ones on the market.

I was wondering though - Is this Thermaltake one (at 20cm) just too short, or is there a way to make it work?
Too short, remember the motherboard itself is 17cm, so that only leaves 3 cm for the bend and inserting into the PCI-E socket. Thermaltake does make a 300mm one for a little more money http://ttpremium.com/product/tt-premium-pci-e-3-0-extender-300mm/

I prefer LiHeat or 3M

Reactions: yawacool

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Too short... thanks good! This is the worst riser I ever had. One huge BSOD :p even 5$ risers were better.

Best riser you can buy in UE shops is lianli. Maybe try easyDIY risers? I'm still waiting for shipping mine for tests.

Last edited:

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Perfect, thanks for all the input. Never run a riser this way before and I have never really looked into Thermaltake outside a cheap (but surprisingly capable) CPU cooler and the Core V1.

I will likely go with the modDIY. I am open to any other suggestions available in Europe. I have poured over most from elsewhere.