Concept cases "TX aio" produced by Custom_MOD

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
the idea is interesting. The problem is that I do not have such a video card.:(

A lot of them are asetek, just try to fit the older gen h60 and route the cold plate to the front. I feel like if it doesn’t fit now it’s very close... maybe an extra cm or 2

Reactions: Sashby

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
But you can't use more than one slot, that seems to somewhat defeat the purpose of ATX. How much larger is the Cerberus X?

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
It has its niche and sff is all about compromise. There is a lot of people I know that never used a second expansion card. ATX availability is also a factor.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
@sergiiua What kind of "flaws"? Looks perfect to me :)
USB port prevents to put the second fan on the radiator. Unable to install a video card. Riser ripple trail. I had to remove the metal cap from the card. Also, 24pin wires are barely enough. We need to make a new basket for the disks. Very small gap between the fans and the motherboard (7mm total)

Reactions: Sashby

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I really like this form factor.
I used to have a Thermaltake Core G3 which was unusual, but I really liked it (Especially modding it to take a 360mm radiator in the front).

The only issue I had was the build quality which was very flimsy.

Question for you.

What would happen if you moved the PSU above the motherboard in a horizontal mount and opened up the front with 3x120mm support?
Would this result in a larger or smaller overall volume? As it would be taller but more slender.

This would allow for 2x120mm radiator support and 360mm radiator support for full custom loops, although drive support would be significantly reduced.
Thoughts?