Can't get to POST, immediately shuts down

djsiegfried

Case Bender
Nov 17, 2017
Hey forum members

First of all, this is a cool website. It gave me a lot of ideas. Last week i started to build my own custom mini ITX config. I used a stock XBO 360 203W power brick and a 250W 12V chinese (maybe realan) 1106 psu from ebay. The problem is, my config shuts down immendiately when i press the power button on the case. The CPU fan spins one, the optical mouse flashes one and that is all. I've tried this Xbox - realan combo on my other build FM2 A4-4000 PC and it is working perfectly.
Mobo: Asrock H67M ITX HT
CPU: i3 3220
RAM 4GB DDr3 Geil
SSD: OCZ vertex.
Ansolutely no beeps or posts on the screen...
I followed the online tutorials to convert the xbox power brick to 12V.

What should i do?
Thank you very much. Sorry for my terrible english.
Have a nice day.

rchetal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 30, 2017
For anyone with this board that has boot issues on Strix 270i, new bios just came out:

Version 08122017/09/157.86 MBytes
STRIX Z270I GAMING BIOS 0812
Fix DRAM stability issue when XMP loaded

Hopefully this fixes the main issue

Thanks for the advice but it didn't work :( I'm going to RMA the board and see if that works. I'm not sure what's going on because it works almost flawlessly with any other standard AC-DC power supply but not with the G-Unique DC-DC PSU, even though that PSU works with other systems. I'm hoping it's just a motherboard issue.

rchetal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 30, 2017
I can't believe I'm still having the same issues as I was earlier. I finally got my motherboard back from the RMA (honestly the board looks in worse condition than when I sent it, the RGB headers were all bent, and the Aurora lights aren't even working anymore). It works perfectly with a standard ATX 400W power supply but the G-Unique 400W power supply isn't even letting me turn it on anymore. When I press the power button nothing at all happens. I know the board is receiving power because the mobo light is turning on and if I plug in the button LED they turn on too. XMP is off and the latest bios was flashed from ASUS (all standard settings) so I'm honestly not sure where to go from here.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
It works perfectly with a standard ATX 400W power supply but the G-Unique 400W power supply isn't even letting me turn it on anymore.

My G-Unique + Meanwell was also acting weird on my Asrock Z170 Fatl1ty ITX : it wouldn't turn off after computer shut down.
After some checks, I rewired everything and the computer wouldn't post anymore...

Maybe some motherboards could have compatibility issues with G-Unique DC boards ?

For me, a clear CMOS and a goold old SF600 solved the issue.
Did not try to investiagte furthermore.