Power Supply G-Unique Issues?

rchetal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 30, 2017
Has anyone else had any issues with G-Unique PSU's that they were able to solve (I've been struggling for a few months with this issue)? I'm running this current setup:

S4 Mini Chassis
Asus Strix Z270i Mini-ITX
Intel i5-7600K + Noctua L9i
MSI Aero 1070 ITX
GSkill TridentZ 3200MHz
Samsung 960 PRO 512gb
FireCuda 2tb + 8gb SSHD
G-Unique 400W Power Supply + 400W Brick

I've been struggling to get my system to POST for a while with my G-Unique PSU installed. I've RMA'd the PSU and mobo already with no luck (XMP is also disabled and the bios is fully updated at stock settings), all the components work with a standard 400W ATX PSU and I havn't had any issues with it. Has anyone had any issues with their PSU that they were able to fix?

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
According to the manual your board has POST state LEDs, as well as a speaker header for beep codes. What codes (if any) do these produce?

Reactions: Ionrent and Phuncz

rchetal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 30, 2017
Thanks for the responses! None of the post codes at all show up and the speaker plays nothing at all. The Aurora lights used to light up and just reset before RMAing it but now absolutely nothing happens (the lights actually look broken now). I had sent my unit back to Gury for repairs and he bought the exact same motherboard and tested my unit and it worked perfectly (with proof), he was kind enough to send another power brick as well but neither if them work. The ATX psu isn't without issues, it doesn't wake from sleep correctly and enabling XMP bricks the system

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Have you tried removing one stick of RAM at a time? I've had similar problems on PCs in the past and removing the closest RAM to the CPU and rebooting sometimes work. Try this with both stick in the furthest slot back and then if that doesn't work, repeat in the nearest slot. Bad DIMMs can really mess things up, right @confusis?

rchetal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 30, 2017
I tried doing that but it didn't help :( both RAM sticks are recognized when I use the non-G-Unique PSU and I havn't had any stability issues so far. Do you think if I bother ASUS enough they'd give me an entirely different Mobo?