Came here to find a metal SFF case. Here are my current picks..

Hello,
First thread on the forums.

So, expected specs:
RTX 3070 FE
Ryzen 5600X
Corsair SFX PSU
Impartial to liquid or air cooling.

Current roster:
- Acat X2
- Aklla A4 (or A4v2)
- Sliger S610
- Sliger SM580
- Sliger SV540
- Deng F15 Pro
- Anthe W19 (Pre-order, fabric sides are concerning)

Some of the above don't need risers (a plus) and some have a radiator mount below the CPU (moves air gaps to the pump, a minus).
Also some have spotty availability or can only be bought from Chinese-only websites.

Budget: $300 (incl. shipping, not based in US). Ideally, it should be $200 (also, incl. shipping).

What would you choose, do you have other suggestions?

Other preferences:
Liquid cooling should be 240mm or 280mm, otherwise not worth the hassle.
I gave up on windows to allow more options, also due to rigidity/durability concerns as I'm looking to move weekly/monthly with the case.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
the most popular picks: Ncase M1 (air/240 AIO), Dan A4 (air), Meshlicious (240/280 AIO), NR200 (240/280 AIO) - guess you leave them out for a reason?

for the less popular choices you can checkout both SFFtime cases - P-ATX v2 and N-ATX; or Lian-li Q58 that was just launched

Reactions: riba2233

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
Hello,
First thread on the forums.

So, expected specs:
RTX 3070 FE
Ryzen 5600X
Corsair SFX PSU
Impartial to liquid or air cooling.

Current roster:
- Acat X2
- Aklla A4 (or A4v2)
- Sliger S610
- Sliger SM580
- Sliger SV540
- Deng F15 Pro
- Anthe W19 (Pre-order, fabric sides are concerning)

Some of the above don't need risers (a plus) and some have a radiator mount below the CPU (moves air gaps to the pump, a minus).
Also some have spotty availability or can only be bought from Chinese-only websites.

Budget: $300 (incl. shipping, not based in US). Ideally, it should be $200 (also, incl. shipping).

What would you choose, do you have other suggestions?

Other preferences:
Liquid cooling should be 240mm or 280mm, otherwise not worth the hassle.
I gave up on windows to allow more options, also due to rigidity/durability concerns as I'm looking to move weekly/monthly with the case.
I have a Sliger S610 and can highly recommend the case - very well made.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
As you are not located in the US, many cases in your list come very close or even exceed the US$ 300 limit (including shipping, especially the shipping costs is much higher and unpredictable due to the pandemic...so, better investigate into this aspect when placing an order).

If you are shy from ordering from Chinese-only websites (eg Taobao), then your choices will be vastly reduced. But I suppose you can use an agent (eg Superbuy) or directly through an English Aliexpress?

As you move around quite frequently (monthly or even weekly), I suggest considering a case with a handle for easier carrying around. For the same reason, maybe avoid having a windowed side panel (TG or acrylic) but choose an aluminum side panel instead. If a case comes standard with a windowed side panel but offers an Al side panel as optional accessory, this could add up to the cost. Beware.

Deng F15 Pro is very robust and very durable but it is also heavy (relatively, of course). I have built a F15 before which is heavy and I would really mind to move it around on a weekly/monthly basis (I suppose, if it is from one room to another in the same house, it is OK. But if it is to move from one city to another, then it will be a big big hassle). I can imagine the F15 Pro is just the same.

Reactions: Phuncz