Concept CAD mockups for a couple of 4L gaming cases

keylimesoda

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
EDIT: 3D link: https://tinkercad.com/things/eEMn8mGGVyS

Rookie here.

Flirting today with combining Thin Mini-ITX with a 1080ti mini and a 1U PSU to see how small a case we could make.

I tried out two layouts. Both are similar in size to a console, but with top-end PC specs (65W 1151, 1080ti).

Thoughts? Are there any similar cases already on the market?

Last edited:

keylimesoda

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
FlexATX looks to be a useful expansion on 1U server power supplies. I'm also studying smaller DC to DC.

Geez, both of those other cases look twice as big as my cases :)

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Good advice comes from guys like Aibo.. You'll be amazed/disappointed in the space needed for cable routing etc. Note e.g. the CustomMod 3.24L being discontinued due to it being impossible for people to work in. And their Slim case grew to 3.6L, even though he began development of that case going for 2.99L....

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
These are less common power supplies but @aquelito and I are experimenting with power supplies taken from AIO computers. They are a bit smaller than Flex ATX (and fewer watts) but have only very few wires to connect compared to Flex ATX. You could use those with a Pico-PSU or G-Unique plug-in board and have a lot less wire clutter.

@guryhwa is selling modded versions of these power supplies to go with the G-Uniques.

Reactions: Biowarejak

denigrate

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2017
Have you consider flipping the 1080ti horizontal and stacking it on across the mobo/psu in an separate compartment. This might give you a bit more room for cable management and maybe an 2.5in drive