Feb 16, 2016
Yep, it works !

Reactions: CC Ricers

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
System booting just fine with the "shorted" Acbel PSU :

BTW, it might interest you : I'm running an i7 3630QM on a PCM5-QM77 motherboard.
To my knowledge, the only thin mini-itx board with a full 16X PCIe slot and wide DC input.

Coupled with a singe slot 1050 Ti, it should make for a nice 3L Steambox.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I'm digging this thread up from the grave because there are still some interesting things to do here with this case design and the types of power supplies I tested. Still itching for a brickless console-style case, though my approach will be more to support 12V units like the G-Unique cases.

I no longer have a 12V Pico style plug-in unit but I still have the brick, and I know from my previous testing shown here that it does work with no permanent modifications.

Considering the size of the power supply I'm using, a case for this type of PSU will have to be 70mm in thickness. That is 6mm more than the NFC S4 Mini and 4mm more than the Sentry, but also means you could use CPU coolers as tall as the Cyrorig C7. I'll see what else I can come up with in the near future.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Hey, @CC Ricers
Excuse the thread necro, I have just bought a 200W HP PSU on UK ebay, having only seen 160W units for months.
How did you get on with these sorts of PSU in the end?
I am hoping to run a Deskmini (or NUC 7i5) plus a GTX 105Ti with it.

BTW the 4.5L case I bought from you is doing (quiet) NAS duty with a thin ITX board and 2x 3.5" drives as I really hated the flex PSU noise when it was running an ITX board and the 1050Ti gaming!