Log [Build Log] Ryzen X Meshlicious

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020

Ryzen X Meshlicious

Goals
My goals with Ryzen X Meshlicious is to be a very clean minimalistic ssf build while achieving max performance. I plan to keep it a mostly black theme with any of the lighting/RGB parts being set to purple! (My favorite color!)

Hardware List
CPU:
Ryzen 9 5900X
MOBO: Asus Rog Strix B550-I Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18)
GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Midnight Black 16GB
STORAGE: 1x 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 / 1x 2TB Samsung 960 Pro
CASE: SSUPD Meshlicious
COOLER: EKWB EK-AIO 280 D-RGB
PSU: Corsair SF750

Extras
  • Deepcool FH-04 Fan Hub
  • 90 Degree DP Adaptor
  • Extra Mesh Side Panel (Maybe)

Peripherals
Monitor:
LG 27GL850-B
Monitor Arm: Vivo STAND-V001
Speakers: Razer Nommo Pro
Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL
Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate
Mousepad: Steelseries Qck Edge XL
Chair:
Secret Lab Titan

Last edited:

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
So trying to locate parts and purchase them for this build has proved to be very challenging, but through patients and persistence I've been able to track down and buy all the parts needed for this build as far as the main components go!

My gpu and aio are both on preorder, and im waiting for preorders to open for this case next month, and if everything arrives on time with no delay i should have this build up and running in February at some point!

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Do you recommend the Strix b550i or the Aorus B550i Pro AX?
I usually always pick Asus as my go to , as they always have top boards with the features I want , wish MSI being my second choice.

I don’t know much about the Aorus but I remember that board not having a front I/O USB-C header on that board.

can watch this review of all the B550 boards to give you a better idea ITX B550 Reviews

PixelatedScraps

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2021
There is no front panel Type-C on the Aorus Pro and the CPU socket sits slightly higher on the board than Asus / MSI / ASRock B550 boards but overall I've found it to be very good - and priced cheaper than its competitors. It has a very nice aesthetic as well.

Rich_Holm

Caliper Novice
Feb 3, 2021
This looks VERY similar to the build I'm going to transfer from my NR200p to my meshlicious when it arrives next month.

Same CPU, mobo, Ram (32gb here), PSU, 280mm AIO (Z63 here), evga 3080 (ftw3 here).

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
This looks VERY similar to the build I'm going to transfer from my NR200p to my meshlicious when it arrives next month.

Same CPU, mobo, Ram (32gb here), PSU, 280mm AIO (Z63 here), evga 3080 (ftw3 here).
Dope! I’m still waiting on parts so I decided to redo my battlestation , will def post pics when I have more progress to show! To make up for the wait of the parts and case lol

Reactions: Rich_Holm

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Welp not much to update as far as my build progress goes as im still waiting on my 3080, AIO, and obviously the meshlicious which doesn't ship out till March 12th.

Since have a month to wait for this case i decided to upgrade my battlestation setup, and will post my build progress on here in the mean time while i wait for the final parts so it will all be complete by the time everything arrives.

Today i received my LG 27GL850-B, ive also sold my Corsair SP2500 Speakers and upgraded to the Razer Nommo Pro, ive also ordered various things like my vesa montior arm, underdesk cable trays, cable ties , leds, and 3D tiles to do the back wall in the picture which i will be installing next weekend. will post updates soon.

Reactions: edgefull

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Well parts for my build keep showing up , keyboard , monitor arm, cable management mounts and few more things showed up!

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Well I continued working on my wall as my final box of tiles arrived.

I had to paint around my plug and a hole in the wall I run a cat6 to my router. Replaced the plug to a black decor style plug.

Tiles installed

Tiles filled

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Well I finished mounting my monitor/ monitor arm, next up cable management treys , and lighting..

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Well since the first batch of the Meshlicious has been pushed from Mar 12 to end of April, I’ve decided to get a NZXT H200 as a temp case till the Meshlicious ships , a friend of mine is also lending me a 3060ti till my 3080 preorder fulfills

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Welp this is as far as I made it today, because the Corsair SF750 24pin cable is too short , will install the GPU/Cooler tmr, and wait for Amazon to deliver my a 24pin extension cable